Chapter 32. S

Sara

👑👑👑

My menstrual cycle decided to surprise me by arriving a day earlier than what my app said.

I was hoping to get it on Tuesday, so I wouldn't worry Antonio. But he's been a real angel. He got me my pills and massaged my head till I fell asleep. Even asked me if I needed tampons.

Slowly, I right myself and sit on the edge of the bed. He's not next to me. I didn't expect him to be. More like hoping.

I go to the bathroom and do my business, then enter the spacious living room. My heart flutters when I catch his eyes. He's dressed casually in lounge shorts and a white T-shirt.

Without hesitation, I straddle his hips and hug him, trying to convey how much I appreciate all that he's done for me. How much I appreciate him.

"Hi, sweetheart."

Dammit, why does he have to call me that? I squeeze him tighter and inhale his scent. He smells fresh, like him and a big amount of—

"You smell great," I say, pulling away a fraction so I could meet his eyes. "Is that Dior Sauvage?"

He grins, the mustache spreading with it. "Yes. The one and only,"

I finger his mustache. "This is weird." He always has facial hair, at least a five 'o'clock shadow. And now that his beard is gone and only the mustache is present; it's going to take a while getting used to.

He shakes his head from left to right, making his mustache brush against my lips and lightly tickle me. I let out a soft giggle.

"Are you feeling better?" He asks, worry etched on his features.

"Yeah, thanks to you." He gives me a soft kiss and pulls me back to him. His hands sneak their way under my cami and his warm palms splay across my lower back. He rubs soothing circles and I'm ready to feel back asleep.  

"There's food ready. I figured you'd be hungry." I mumble my thanks in his neck. But I'm not ready to move away from him, even if I'm famished. "Want me to run you a bath?" He softly tickles my sides.

I laugh. "No, I'm fine just here." I never want to move away from my position right here, right now. His big arms around me make me feel protected. His voice is soothing me, and it makes me feel like I'm the only thing on his mind right now. That I have his undivided attention.

After a couple of moments of silence, he asks. "Do you always get a migraine when you're on your period?"

"Sometimes. Usually it's just a headache." I pull back and move some hair strands away from his eyebrows. "I'm just really glad I have an amazing boss who gives me half or the entire day off without being a bitch about it."

"Yes, that's really nice of her." He pulls me even closer until our noses touch.

"Yeah, don't get me started." I chuckle. "It shouldn't be a privilege that I get a day off when I get my period, especially when they hurt."

"You're right. I don't really mind when my employees call in sick, I don't question if it's their period or what, but I think I should install some new rules regarding that, give the women paid sick days every month."

My smile gets even bigger. He's perfect, and he doesn't know it. I love how he wants to help women by going over his policies and editing them.

I glance at his laptop, seeing his open email window. "What time do you have to be down?" It's Monday, so usually not very early, which will mean we'll have more time together.