Chapter 37. T

Antonio

🥃🥃🥃

"Why are you on edge, dude?"

My thumb that's been tapping my thigh halts.

"I'm not on edge." I say defensively to Nicole. She came back two days ago, and it was time to have our monthly get together—minus Leo, still. I invited Sara this time. Usually, it's only family and their partners. And since Sara is now officially my girlfriend, she is 'allowed' to be here.

"Whatever. Go get a drink or something. And stop moving your leg, it's annoying me," Nicole is awfully grumpy today.

"Why are you so on edge?" Her brother, Mateo, asks before I get the chance.

"Because I have to see your ugly ass face." She gives him a dry smile.

"Vai fanculo." He tells her to go fuck herself.

"Okay, calm down." Luca says.

"I am calm." Nicole defends.

I snort, and she glares at me. What's up her ass today? Damn. But then again, she's always like this the first week after she comes back from her trips. She just misses the free reign she has to do whatever the fuck she wants when she's wherever she is in the world.

"Do you want me to book you a flight somewhere? My cost, don't worry." Mateo says, rotating his phone in his hand.

"Si. One-way ticket preferably." She flashes him a dry half-smile.

"Have you ever booked a return ticket?" He retorts, referring to how she never sets a date for when she'll be returning. She comes back whenever she grows bored in the country she's currently at.

It's amusing to see the two siblings bickering. We know it's all fun and not too serious, otherwise we would have intervened.

We're all sitting on the main dance floor. We moved some couches so we can sit here. I'm not really sure why we don't just sit in the VIP room, but when those rooms weren't ready yet, we sat here and ever since we didn't change locations.

"Where's Carina, by the way?" Izzy asks. Her leg sprawled over Luca's thighs, her back against the handrest.

"I'm bringing her in a bit. She's still not done with work." Mateo answers.

Unconsciously, my leg bobs again. I'm eager to see Sara. It's Friday and I haven't seen her since Wednesday when she came to workout. Even though I wanted her to just sleep in my bed, she said she had a lot of work this week and she needed to get it done so she wouldn't have to go in on Saturday. Good call, honestly. I would've distracted her if she were here.

After about fifteen minutes, Mateo goes to pick his girlfriend up. Glancing at my watch, I notice it's almost six. She's still not here and I contemplate whether or not I should give her a call. After another ten minutes, Mateo and Car are back, and now the entire family is here.

Minus my girl.

Another few minutes go by, and I'm about to just say fuck it and call Sara when the elevator pings.

Abruptly, I get to my feet and walk there. The rest don't know that Sara is coming.

I'm standing in front of the metal doors in a second and before she gets the chance to get out, my hands land on her hips and I push her back inside. Pressing the button to close the doors again with us inside.

My lips are on her in a heartbeat, swallowing her surprised gasp. I press her to the wall with my body and kiss her like it's the first time in years.