Chapter 22

"Rigor!!"

Both of us were startled when loud, aggressive knocks sounded on his door. Kaagad akong bumangon kahit na sumasakit ang ulo ko. Rigor was cursing and reaching for his shirt. He helped me dressed while yelling back to his brother on the other side of the door.

I got dressed as quickly as I could and was surprised when I glanced at the clock.

It's already 8 in the evening. We spent the entire day on his bed, making love and comforting and crying once again. My entire body protested in pain as I watched Rigor hurriedly throw the door open.

"Thyron, I swear to fucking God if you're-"

"Silver collapsed. She-"

Before he could finish his words, Rigor was out of the room. Nagkatinginan kaming dalawa ni Thyron. I've never seen him mortified. His gaze went to the messy bed, then back to my face. He didn't say anything. Tinalikuran niya lang ako at hinabol ang kapatid sa baba.

My chest is thumping because I know something had gone wrong. Sinundan ko ang dalawa. When I got there, Rigor's angrily yelling the housekeepers to call an ambulance. Silver is barely conscious, gasping for air as his brother held him in his arms.

Natutop ko ang bibig sa sobrang gulat at sa bilis na rin ng pangyayari. The house is in a frenzy. It seems their father is not around, and not one of the elderly Treverons are also here.

"Calm down, Silver. Breathe..."

Hindi ako makagalaw sa kinatatayuan. Silver's face is pale and her fingers are shaking. Minutes later, the sound of the siren startled me. Thyron went to the door and explained something to the paramedic. One of them is carrying a small oxygen tank and the other one crouched in front of Silver to connect her to the tank.

The paramedics moved quickly and transferred her into a stretcher. They were all heading out to the door. Nilingon ako ni Rigor.

"Czarina-"

"Go." I said immediately. "I'll be fine. I'll just... um, call for a taxi."

He hesitated for a moment, and the nodded.

"Call me."

Tinanguan ko siya at pinanuod silang lahat na sumakay sa ambulansiya. A life is at risk right in this moment. They wasted no time. Thyron's still closing the door but the vehicle had already moved and without seconds, it was out of my sight.

Binalot kami ng katahimikan nang mawala na ang ambulansiya. I glanced at the worried housekeepers, and they all looked away and went back to what they were doing. Bumuntong-hininga ako at bumalik sa taas upang kunin ang mga gamit ko. I went home afterwards.

As soon as I got home, I texted Rigor to tell him I'm fine. I didn't want to call or disturb him while he's in the hospital. Then, I went to have a hot shower. My body is in all sorts of pain and my eyes are puffy. I sighed once again and remained for a little longer, allowing the hot water to soothe my tired muscles and burning eyes.

Nagtagal ako ng kalahating oras sa loob ng banyo bago ko pinilit ang sariling lumabas at magpatuyo. I changed into a pair of shorts and an oversized shirt. Chineck ko ulit ang phone ko pero wala akong nakitang reply mula kay Rigor. I put it down and tried not to worry.

Silver's going to be fine.

Nakatulog ako nang hindi kumakain at nagising na lamang sa kalam ng sikmura. I dragged myself out of the bed. It's already past noon. I didn't know I slept that long. I checked my phone again and saw several missed calls from Rigor. Then there was a text that was sent 2 in the morning.