Chapter 15

"Dionysus!"

I shrieked in delight when I spotted one of the Rigor's labradors crawling around the pool area. His ears instantly perked up in alarm and scanned the surroundings. When I went closer to him, he automatically recognized me and wagged his tail like crazy.

"I missed you!" I said, showering the dog with kisses.

Tuwang-tuwa ko siyang niyakap. Rigor's been stolen from me by his friends. Binulungan niya rin ako kanina na mauna na ako sa pool. He'll get us some drinks. I wasn't expecting to see my furry friend here.

"Hindi ko alam na nandito ka pala..." I petted him and signaled the dog to sit. Nakaluhod ako sa harapan niya habang siya naman ay hinihingal dahil sa pag-atake sa akin kanina. "You're such a good boy."

A dark shadow fell on me. Dionysus didn't flinch, so I expected Rigor but when I turned, I saw Thyron. He looks pissed. On his hand is a bottle of tequila. Nagtaas ako ng kilay.

"I hope you don't mind me gate-crashing your little party..." he said with dead sarcasm as he plopped next to me. Tinungga niya ng bote at tumingin sa kawalan.

"Huwag mong sabihin sa aking brokenhearted ka, tatamaan ka sa akin." Banta ko sa kaniya.

Hindi siya umimik. His legs are soaked in the water as he inclined his head up to the dark sky. Rinig na rinig pa rin namin ang malakas na musika. They must be playing some sort of a game because I heard howls of laughter and cheers.

"Who's that weirdo, by the way?" he turned to me, genuinely curious.

I shrugged. "Ngayon ko pa siya nakilala. Gulat rin ako."

"Parang napulot lang sa basurahan..." he mumbled, playing with the lips of the bottle like a kid.

I chuckled. "You're an idiot, Thyron."

"I know."

"A big, bulky idiot." I said, moving closer to him. "You had all the time in the world to confess to her about... what you feel." I cleared my throat, waiting for a protest, but it didn't come. "But you didn't bother."

"Heh. Huwag na... mukhang naubusan na talaga ako ng pagkakataon."

I bit my lower lip. I don't want to judge Collin. He could be a good guy, for all I know. Alam ko namang hinuhusgahan ko lang siya base sa hitsura at una kong naramdaman sa kaniya pero hindi ko talaga alam ang ugali ng lalaki. I have yet to talk to Sorcha about it. She's been fooling around with guys for ages, it's highly unlikely of her to announce herself in a public relationship all of a sudden.

"For what it's worth, I think Sorcha sees you more than a bed warmer."

"Aray. Bakit parang ang pangit ng dating? Mukha akong ginamit!" he clutched his chest dramatically. I chuckled.

Dionysus sniffed Thyron and growled at his cheek. The guy flicked the poor dog's forehead. They both glared at each other. Thyron sighed.

"Even the dog doesn't like me..."

"It's okay, Thyron." Ginaya ko siya at inilubog din sa tubig ang paa ko. "I don't like myself too.."

Both of us went silent, contemplating. He with Sorcha, and me with Rigor. After a few moments, Dionysus excitedly jumped from my side and greeted his owner.

"May namatayan ba?" tanong kaagad ni Rigor. He handed me a tall glass of a pale pink vodka. Itinuro ko si Thyron.

"Tanungin mo kapatid mo."

"Ah, si Collin." He chuckled. He harshly pushed his brother away at pumagitna sa aming dalawa. "Yosi?"

"Pass." Thyron grumbled under his breath. Rigor studied the thin stick before putting it back into his pocket.