Chapter 19

Intramurals came, and I was busier than ever. The art department was assigned to decorate the stage. Kahit na wala akong planong magparticipate sa kahit anong activities sa intrams, hindi ko naman pwedeng iwanan nalang ang mga classmates ko dito. Alam nilang may trabaho ako sa hapon, pero hindi ko naman pwedeng gawing rason iyon para hindi magpakita sa kanila.

I was trying my best, but I got really tired. Dahil closer ako, 5 pm to 2 am ang duty ko sa restaurant. I could only sleep for 3-4 hours before my first class. Pagkatapos pa ng lunch namin, kailangang dumiretso sa gym para sa decoration. I could see the contestants practicing for the Mr. and Ms. Intramurals. The other half of the gym, the volleyball competition is on-going. Halos hindi ako makapag-concentrate sa ingay, bukod pa sa kulang ang tulog ko.

"Czarina! Bakit kulay pula ang dahon na yan?!"

I almost jumped when I heard a shout behind me. I blinked, looking at what I've done. We are painting huge leaves for the backdrop and I painted it red! namula ako sa kahihiyan, lalo nan ang mapatingin ang ibang blockmates ko sa akin.

"S-Sorry. Papalitan ko nalang."

Our president murmured angrily under her breath before stalking out of the room. I sighed and pulled out a thick cardboard, before I started tracing a leaf based on the original design. I was squatting on the floor while the others are busy with their tasks. Rigor texted me earlier that he was tapped to do the background too, even though he's already a graduate. Hindi ko nga lang alam kung saan room siya nagtatrabaho ngayon. We've occupied three lecture rooms beside the gym para mas madali lang ang paglilipat ng props at backdrop para sa intramurals.

I was the last one to left the classroom. Tinapos ko talaga ang namali kong pinturahan kahit na sobrang hapdi ng mga mata ko. I passed by the ladies room and went into the short hallway that leads to the gym.

"Czarina!"

Napalingon ako sa pamilyar na boses. Shantel came bouncing at me, smiling widely. Napapadalas ang pagkikita naming dalawa, but I don't mind it. She's actually fun to be with.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito? Contestant ka rin ba para sa Miss Intramurals?"

My eyes widened at her accusation. Agad akong umiling. "Hindi, no! Kami ang magde-decorate sa stage,"

"I see." She placed both hands on my shoulders and quickly spun me around. I got dizzy with what she said. Excited niyang itinuro ang babaeng nagpa-practice rumampa sa stage kasama ng iba pang mga contestant. "Look! That's my twin sister. She's so pretty, no?" proud niyang wika.

"...Stormie?" I was hesitant.

"Yes! I'm so glad she joined the Miss Intramurals. It's not really her thing, but I know she'll do great. Si Stormie pa!"

I got confused for a moment. There are rumors everywhere in the campus that Shantel is dating Elton, but every time I see the two of them, they look like they want to skin each other alive. And I've seen how Elton look at Stormie... he looks as if he's writing a tragical romance inside his head with her as the character.

"May tanong ako," wika ko na nakatingin pa rin kay Stormie. She really is pretty, but she looked awkward with the other contestants. The political science students are trying to cheer her up, but to no avail.

"Ano yun?"

"Are you dating Elton?"

"What? Ew!" her face contorted into a disgusted look. Nangunot tuloy ang noo kong binalingan siya.

"So... hindi?"

"I'm not dating that brute." She shivered. "Over my dead, sexy body."

I remained silent, waiting for her explanation. She sighed and dropped her arms to the side.