Chapter 1

HOT BUZZ

July 7, 2013

---------------------------------------------------------

ARTIST RIGOR VAUGHN TREVERON COMING HOME

Renowned contemporary artist Rigor Vaugh Treveron is set to go home to Philippines this coming week. The young artist skyrocketed to fame after his artwork Perserva, God is Blind, and The First Man made it to the infamous Baltimore Art Exhibition a year ago. He's quickly becoming the adored artist of the town and paired with his devil-may-care bad boy look, girls and even female celebrities are going after him! Rigor is definitely breaking the stereotypes of brooding, boring, and emotional so-called artists. So, if you're wondering how an artist lands in an entertainment page, click on the photo below and see for yourself...

Baltimore is just hoping that his weekend visit to his country won't stretch for too long! The entire town is missing him even before he's gone.

---------------------------------------------------------

I sucked in a deep breath when the photo finally loaded, revealing him in a black wife beater shirt and paint-stained pants, standing darkly next to his artwork that just seems as intimidating as him. My fingers trembled as it hovered on his small face on the screen.

"Czarina!"

Kaagad kong in-exit ang private browser kung saan ko nabasa ang article tungkol sa kaniya. Kyros suddenly appeared out of nowhere, grinning from ear to ear.

"Ano yan ha? Ba't naka-private browser ka? Nagpo-porn ka, no?"

"Tanga. Puro kabastusan lang nasa utak mo." Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin at kaagad na niligpit ang iPad. Binili ko iyon para kay Castian, trying to interest him in watching cartoons or other kid's show but he's not really into it. Ginagamit ko na lamang paminsan-minsan, lalo na kapag breaktime ko sa trabaho o di kaya'y nasa bahay lang ako.

Kyros grinned some more and put down the groceries. I could hear Shantel in the doorway, complaining about the boxes blocking the way and how heavy the bags are. Tinulungan ko agad siyang dalahin iyon sa kusina.

The entire mansion is a mess. The white clothing that covered most of the furniture are still there. I've started cleaning the floors but only covered a fraction of the first floor. Kailangan ko pang linisin ang second at third floor bago kami tuluyang lumipat dito. Sa ngayon, sa outdoor patio kami natutulog. Kyros is with us so I felt safe with my son. We pulled out the teak sofa and made it comfortable with lots of pillows.

Shantel plopped into one of the high stools in the kitchen counter and sighed out loud.

"Oh my God! Why can't you just hire movers? Mamamatay ata ako nang maaga kakahakot sa mga gamit mo!"

I pouted. The acquisition of mansion is so unexpected, and I didn't have enough funds to cover for the sudden expense. I never saw it coming, because it was like hitting the jackpot in a lottery.

"Wala akong budget," sagot ko habang nagtitimpla ng kape para sa aming tatlo. I glanced at Castian who's silently napping on the small wooden chair with his cat. Ibinalik ko ang tingin sa mga mug.

"Bakit ba kasi pa hard to get ka pa? Kyros and I are literally volunteering to move here. Tsaka paminsan lang naman ako rito kasi madalas ako sa Coffee Lib. Hindi naman kita didisturbuhin ng anak mo."

"Oo nga, Czarina!" panggatong naman ni Kyros. "Tsaka, hindi ko rin type ang mga single mother kaya huwag kang mag-alala, hindi ako mafa-fall sa 'yo!"