5 💖

What feels like end is often the new beginning.

_________________________

The next day came and Ayman woke up. She had decided that she would not let her guard down and act strong in front of everyone. She was a little hurt by what zain had done and she also felt bad for another person. She knew that person would be hurt.

She was glad that she had Mu'izza to distract her a little bit. She liked pampering her and taking care of her.

She put those thoughts aside and went to take a long relaxing shower. After what felt like an hour she came back and wore a dark blue peplum top with matching balloon dhoti pant. She wore a beige colour hijab. She had adorned her right hand with metallic bangles and a Micheal Kors watch rested on her left wrist. She applied light makeup which consisted of a nude lipstick, eye liner and kohl.

She went to college and met her friends. They enquired if she was fine and she answered them in affirmative. They departed to their classes.

After attending class they went to have lunch in the canteen. All of them were present and no one spoke a word. Their was awkward silence. Maybe this was the first time the loudest group and chitchatting group of college was silent. Ayman had avoided even meeting her gaze with Zain. The situation had turned awkward for her.

"I'm sorry Ayman. I apologise. I shouldn't have done what I did yesterday but all of it was truly from my heart. I never knew that you considered me as a brother. I thought we could be more than friends but I was wrong" Zain broke the silence.

"I don't know why I had to be stupid and confess Ayman. I dint mean to hurt you in any way. Please forgive me. I can't handle your ignorance. I know I did spoil our friendship but please forgive me." he continued. Ayman saw that he was being sincere but she couldn't ignore the softness in his eyes. She couldn't fathom that he loved her.

She always saw him as a friend and she didn't know when he started to have feeling for her. This was not what she had expected.

"It's alright zain. It's just that it was totally unexpected and I've always been against this love and all stuff. I've always told that it causes pain and it's not meant for me"

"I didn't mean to hurt you in anyway Ayman. I hope I'm forgiven" she nods at him. He couldn't just end his feelings for her just like that. He would need time but he did respect her privacy and decision. He couldn't force her to have feelings for him.

"Zain you're a great guy and I know you deserve someone better than me. Someone pure, and not tainted like me" she mumbles the last part to herself. Someone was sitting in the corner and witnessing the scene.

She was heartbroken since yesterday. Her mind kept replaying the scene which happened in front of her eyes.

"Don't worry, In shaa Allah you will fall in love and truly at the time when you will meet your true partner with Ruhaniyat (soulfullness)" she smiles at him. A genuine smile this time.

They were back to their normal self. Well at least they tried to get back.

"Guys we only have 2 days left for graduation" Nabiya said sadly. She would be the one missing everyone the most as she would be going back to her native place after the results and the rest were not happy about it. All of them had grown pretty close to each other. They were like a second family to her.

"Okay guys so since after 2 days is our graduation ceremony I have planned something. I thought we could go out for lunch" Jawaad said changing the gloomy atmosphere.