35| About Survival

Derek and I watched the crime scene unfold in front of the mechanic's garage from our spot in the woods

Derek and I watched the crime scene unfold in front of the mechanic's garage from our spot in the woods. Leaning against the tree I watched as Stiles argued with his father about what he just uncovered, but of course Stiles would never tell his father the truth. That would only put the Sheriff in danger and the last thing we needed was getting more people involved in whatever was happening.

When we heard about what happened Derek immediately brought me here, and I knew it was because he already had the suspicion that it was the thing that killed Issac's father. For my brother this seemed personal and it wasn't just because of Issac. But I didn't wan to think about that too much, I didn't want to be disappointed anymore.

I sighed as I turned my attention back on the busy parking lot as I watch Stiles walk over to where Scott was hiding a few feet away.

"You okay?" I heard Scott asked as the two continued to move away from the crime scene.

"You were right. It's not like you. Its eyes were almost like, reptilian." Stiles confirmed, and I remembered what Scott had told us about something attacking him and Allison the night of the full moon. If this thing continued to attack it would only alert the hunters and that would only cause problems for us. "There were something about them."

"What do you mean?"

"You know like what you see a friend in the Halloween mask, and you feel like you know who it is but you can't figure out who it is?"

"You're saying you know who it is?" Scott asked hopefully.

"No, but I think it knew me." Stiles replied and those words made Derek and I look at each other with wide eyes. If it was someone we knew or who knew us this complicated everything.

"What do you think?" Derek asked me as he got a hold of my hand pulling me away from the scene to a far enough distance where he was sure the Scott wouldn't be able to sense us. I crossed my arms over my chest and shook my head in disbelief.

"You mean other than the obvious?"

My brother gave me a blank look clearly not amused with my comment. But, being amusing wasn't what I was going for. There really wasn't much else to say, everything was pretty clear. There was another supernatural being in Beacon Hills and this one didn't seem to have the same self control that we did. But I also knew that there was something that even I didn't want to admit. And that was the possibility that my number one suspect was Lydia, but that was something that I would never tell my brother.