20| Cousin Miguel

There was a certain sense of doom that came along with trusting Scott to do something important

There was a certain sense of doom that came along with trusting Scott to do something important. He wasn't the smartest and tended to get distracted easily. His priorities were mixed, and I had absolutely no faith that he would be able to get us the necklace that we needed so desperately.  

"Are you sure Scott's going to get that necklace." I asked Stiles, not completely confident that Scott would actually be able to do this.

"Totally." He replied in a totally unconvincing way as he opened the door to his house. "Come on I don't want my dad to see you." Stiles whispered as he grabbed my wrist and quickly led me towards his room.

"Why?" I whispered back.

"Because then he gets ideas." He muttered as we walked into his room. The second he closed the door I turned around to find Derek in the corner of the room.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered to my brother.

"Alex you know I can't defend you when your called psychotic if you're talking to yourself." Stiles stated as he was about to turn around to face me.

"Hey, Stiles!" His dad suddenly called from downstairs.

"Yo Da...Derek?" Stiles exclaimed in surprise once he turned around to find my brother standing in a corner of his room. Derek put his finger to his lips before pointing at the door. Stiles then rushed over to the door to beat his dad before closing the door behind him. I listened in to there conversation to make sure the the Sheriff wasn't suspicious of anything, he had to realize how weird all the things going on in this town were.

"What'd you say?" I heard Mr. Stilinski ask his son.

"What? I said Yo, Dad." Stiles quickly covered, seeing that the rest of their conversation really wasn't any of my business I turned back towards my brother. I gave him a questioning look wondering what he was doing here when I told him to continue hiding out in our loft. It really shouldn't have been a surprise that he didn't listen to me, he never really did. 

The second that Stiles stepped inside the room Derek grabbed him by the shirt and pushed him up against the door. "If you say one word..."

"Oh, what, you mean, Iike, 'Hey, Dad, Derek Hale's in my room. Bring your gun'?" Stiles asked sarcastically, and Derek knew that he couldn't really say anything back. "Yeah, that's right. If I'm harboring your fugitive ass, it's my house, my rules, buddy." Wordlessly agreeing with Stiles' statement my brother let go of Stiles but not before pulling on his jacket. Stiles laughed as he pulled Derek's jacket in return as an attempt to boost his ego, only causing Derek to take a menacing step towards him.