37| Venomous

I was sitting next to Derek doing my best not to get into another argument with my brother, which seemed that it was all we could do lately

I was sitting next to Derek doing my best not to get into another argument with my brother, which seemed that it was all we could do lately. Get into arguments. But, I couldn't ignore what was happening, not anymore. If there was another kind of monster in Beacon Hill we had to know who or what it was. 

"What are you going to do to him if he is the Kanima?" I questioned slowly although I already knew the answer to that question, but a part of me was hoping that I was a wrong. That my brother would claim that he would find a way to fix what he had done, a way that wouldn't involve killing Jackson. No matter how much of a horrible person he could be.

"We kill him."

Looking away from Derek I looked straight ahead at the dusty warehouse. "I can't let you do that. And I especially can't be a part of that."

"I know that you're linked to him, but if he is the Kanima we have to kill him. Or he'll continue to kill people." My brother argued, and although he had a point killing couldn't be the only answer. "It's the only way to make sure that he doesn't hurt anyone else."

I shook my head as I looked down at my hands. A part of me couldn't believe that I was actually defending Jackson. "There has to be another way."

"There isn't. I have to do this." He said and that's when it all came together. Derek wasn't doing this to make sure that Jackson didn't kill again. Sure that could be a part of it, but it wasn't the main driving factor. The driving factor being his own guilt, for his mistake. He gave Jackson the the bite, a bite that possibly turned him into a murderous monster. Derek only wanted to clean up the mess he made.

"All of this could have been prevented if you didn't give him the bite."

"We still don't know if it is Jackson. For all we know it could be Lydia." I froze as I thought of his statement. I knew Lydia was suspicious, she had also gotten bitten and never turned. It was something that had never been heard. Immunity. As far as the history books told there was no such thing as immunity. The bite either turned or killed. There was no other option. Not until Lydia Martin. But a part of me didn't want to accept that it could be Lydia.

The thought of Lydia as that terrible monster was impossible and I simply couldn't believe it. 

Before I even had a chance to reply the sound of someone struggling from outside the metal doors to the warehouse was heard. Meaning that Erica and Issac had been successful in getting Jackson. Boyd, who had been silently sitting in the corner of the room stood up and opened the door for them to enter.