08| Time Race

I woke up with a gasp

I woke up with a gasp. A sharp pain quickly seemed to spread through my arm. It was a pain that I had never experienced as I felt as like something was burning through my veins. 

Sitting up in the dark I listened for my brother's snoring in the building, but I heard nothing but a deafening silence. Standing I began to pace in my room until I finally heard the doors of the loft burst open and my brother's erratic heartbeat as he stumbled in. 

Rushing to the door I was able to catch Derek before he collapsed onto the floor. Even in the darkness I could see the blood that stained his shirt. I couldn't even be angry at the fact that he had left in the middle of the night. Probably trying to search for the alpha again.

Suddenly the pain that had woken me up made sense. It was our pack connection that told me that he was in danger. 

"Derek." I said in a panic as I pulled his arm to examine it a familiar scent taking over all of my senses, it was a scent that was even stronger than the blood. "Derek it's laced with wolfsbane."

He didn't even get a chance to reply before he passed out. Turning on the lights I pulled Derek up and moved him onto the couch where I could get a closer look at the wound. But as I removed his jacket and pushed his sleeve up I couldn't help but feel horrified by the wound. The bullet was still imbedded into his skin. His veins were viable and turning a deep shade of purple.

But I pushed away the fear as I rushed into the bathroom to grab a pair of tweezers and rubbing alcohol. I truly had no idea what I was doing as I poured alcohol onto the wound before pulling the bullet our of his arm. I would only hope that it would be enough and that he would naturally begin to heal himself. But it quickly became apparent that it wasn't going to be the case. 

Taking a closer look at the bullet I had no doubt about who did this.

The Argents. Their family seal imprinted into the silver bullet that had been laced with wolfsbane. 

I sat across my brother, having the irrational thought that if I stepped away from him for even one second something would go wrong. The night seemed to slip away into the early afternoon in an almost painful way.