23| Whiplash

It was odd to be walking through the woods with Allison and Lydia

It was odd to be walking through the woods with Allison and Lydia. It was something that I regularly did with Scott and Stiles after long nights of searching for the alpha. Now that we knew who the alpha was things were more complicated than ever. 

Scott wanted Allison watched and protected at all times, considering he and Allison were no longer on talking terms I was the only one able to get close enough to do it. Sure I liked Allison and Lydia enough where being around them wasn't an annoyance, but there were more important things that needed to be done. Ultimately, my being here was an inconvenience.

"Allison, when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping, a five-mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting." Lydia complained as she let out an exhausted sigh. I personally preferred the hike than going shopping, yet the fact that Allison was carrying a case that looked like it held a bow and arrow wasn't very comforting. As we continued our walk Lydia's heel suddenly caught onto a tree branch and she quickly reached out to steady herself against me.

"Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something." Allison said as she walked ahead of Lydia and I. "Jackson asked me to the winter formal."

"Did he?"Lydia asked, her voice almost squeak. With this news I could feel the tension thicken between the two, but neither would acknowledge the betrayal that they each felt towards each other. Although I hadn't discussed it with Allison it wasn't difficult to assume that she knew that Lydia had kissed Scott. She wouldn't have even considered Jackson otherwise. 

"Yeah. Just as friends. But I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first."

"Sure. As Iong as it's just friends." Lydia assured, and although she attempted to act unaffected by this I could see the hurt in her eyes. 

Allison stopped for a moment to release a small chuckle before continuing to walk ahead of us. "Well, yeah, I mean it's not Iike I would take him to the coach's office during Iacrosse practice to make out with him or anything."

Lydia and I shared a shocked looked before continuing to walk after Allison. "Uh...about that..."

"Here's good." Allison stated as she abruptly stopped in front of a large tree, clearly having no interest in continuing talking about what happened between Scott and Lydia. Suddenly Allison removed a perfectly crafted bow from the case she was carrying.