25| Formal Preparations

It was torture having to pretend that everything was okay

It was torture having to pretend that everything was okay. That my brother hadn't been taken by the hunters and was likely being tortured. That I could go to school like any normal girl and worry about things like the school dance. 

As I placed my textbooks back in my locker both Scott and Stiles appeared by my side. "Lets go." Stiles ordered as Scott shut my locker.

"What?" I questioned completely confused, but neither of them replied as they both grabbed onto my shoulders and guiding me around the corner. I had reached a point that their weird behavior no longer stunned me, but that didn't make them any less annoying. We stopped as they looked around the corner and I did the same as I saw Jackson talking to Allison at her locker.

"Hey, what time should I pick you up for the dance tomorrow?" Jackson asked her as nervous sweat ran down his face. I looked over at Scott with a raised eyebrow knowing that he had to be the reason for Jackson's weird behavior. 

"Are you okay?" Allison asked with a smile as she noticed how odd Jackson was acting.

"Yeah, I'm great. I'm just excited to go to the formal. With you. As friends. Just friends." Jackson continued to repeat with a nervous chuckle that only caused Allison to chuckle in return. Almost like he knew we were listening Jackson looked around the fall cautiously."Just...just friends."

"Are you really going to let Jackson take Allison to the formal?" I asked Scott in disbelief as I turned back to them feeling that no matter what threat Scott made there was still no way that Jackson could be trusted. 

"I really don't have a choice, he already promised he was going to help keep Allison safe." 

"But not willingly?" I predicted, knowing that Jackson would never agree to have his life on the line for someone else. Especially considering the threat that we were facing. Scott stiffened at this, but Stiles put his hand on Scott's shoulder reassuringly.

"Hey, don't worry. I'II still be there." Stiles added, but once again that didn't do much to ease Scott's uncertainty. Stiles was completely defenseless against Peter, all he had was his amazing ability to annoy those around him.