11| Mistakes

Without another word I stepped around Stiles forgetting our previous argument instantly

Without another word I stepped around Stiles forgetting our previous argument instantly. It was like an instinct took over that wanted to lead me to my brother. If Derek really was in trouble i had to get to him as soon as possible after almost having lost him last week the last thing I wanted was to feel the helpless again.

"Wait. Wait, where are you going?" Stiles asked as I immediately made my way down the stairs and towards the black Camero parked in the driveway. 

"I have to make sure Derek is okay." I replied simply as Stiles trailed behind me.

"Fine then I going with you."

"No you aren't." I stated as I stopped in place almost causing him to bump into me.

"Yes I am. Do you know how annoying it is always seeing you run off without an explanation?"

"Do you know how annoying it is that you want an explanation for everything?" I countered as I crossed my arms over my chest. Stiles also crossed his arms over his chest as he looked back at me stubbornly. As much as I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of winning this argument, I also didn't have the time to be stubborn too.  Derek was in danger and I didn't have the luxury to waste time. "Fine."

He stopped as we got to the car to look at me in surprise. "Fine? Really?"

"Yes, really. Now are you coming?"

"Yeah. Uh...can I drive?" Stiles asked as he looked at the car with wide eyes.

"You're joking right?" I asked in disbelief. "Derek will probably kill me if he knows that you're getting in this car...and he doesn't know I took the damn thing anyway."

"Enough said." Stiles muttered before getting into the passengers seat. I quickly got in and drove out of the driveway and into the main road. Again I allowed my instincts to take over and before I knew it I recognized the direction we were head. We were going back to the house. I couldn't imagine what Derek could possibly doing at our old house again, though he still did seem to be obsessed with our childhood home. Still not able to let it go. 

Suddenly that same instinct had me slam on the breaks. 

Stiles gasped frantically as the seat belt prevented him from flying out of the car. "What the hell was that?"