05| Learn the Risks

I followed Scott's scent to Allison's house, and coming to a sudden stop I hid behind a tree as I watched Scott fall off the roof and run into the street

I followed Scott's scent to Allison's house, and coming to a sudden stop I hid behind a tree as I watched Scott fall off the roof and run into the street. Just as he was about to make his way across he got run over by a car, and not just any car, Mr. Argents car. I watched from the shadow as Allison came running into the street to check on Scott.

"He just ...He just ran onto the driveway." Mr. Argent attempted to explain to his horrified daughter as he rushed out of the car. The instinct to run to him was overwhelming knowing how much danger he was in, but I also wasn't willing to expose myself for someone who clearly didn't want my help. Especially after what he and Stiles did to Derek.

Scott shook his head as he lay on the street, and all I could do was hope that he would continue to stay there longer. If he stood up too quickly the Argent would surely become suspicious, especially now that he was aware that there was a young beta in Beacon Hills. "I'm sorry. It's my fault. I'm sorry."

"Are you okay?"Allsion questioned as she kneeled down beside him.

"Yeah, completely." Scott groaned as he slowly brought himself to his feet with Allison's help. "I should go. I've got a lacrosse game to get to. You're still coming, right?"

"Of course I'm coming." Allison said in a hushed tone as she got closer to Scott who smiled at her response.

"We both are." Mr. Argent declared as he interrupted their little moment. Hearing this practically caused all the air to leave my lungs already imagining all the terrible outcomes if Scott continued his ridiculous fantasy of playing in that game. The Argents like all other hunters had no mercy, it was something that Scott would soon learn.

At that moment Scott looked over in my direction, probably sensing me there. "Okay, see you there." Scott replied awkwardly before he began to walk towards me. Without a word I began to walk deeper into the forest wanting to put as much distance between us and the Argents as possible.

I came to a stop once we were at a reasonable distance to find Scott looking a little pale. A sight that was comforting because it meant that the risks of his new condition were very real. "Now you definitely can't play in the game."