07| A Truth Revealed

I was sitting in the dusty room of what used to be my old room as Derek paced back and forth. I was trying to finish my homework, but I could feel how worried my brother was and it was starting to become unnerving. "Will you stop that?" I said shutting my textbook closed, causing Derek to stop and look down at me with a mix of irritation and confusion.

"What?"

"Stop being so worried it's freaking me out!" I practically yelled at him, I was already worried and the fact that I could also feel the worry that he felt was like torture.

"We have to..."

"Shhhh....." I whispered when I heard leaves crunching, and Derek tensed up as he looked at me expectantly.

"What do you hear? Is it the Alpha?" He asked eagerly and I shook my head once I made out the sound of a police radio.

"The police are coming." I simply stated before returning my attention back to my homework. Derek walked over to the window and looked out before he turned back towards me.

"You sure?" He asked me doubtfully. Now it was my turn to return his irritated look, I didn't appreciate him doubting me or my abilities. Although I might not completely understand everything that came with being a pack link I did have a clear understanding of my heightened senses.

"It looks pretty deserted, dispatch." I heard the officer say into the radio. "Did you want me to take a look inside?"

"Unit 16, it's county property. Order's to make sure it's vacant."

"I don't... I don't think anyone's home." The officer replied to the station, though the hesitation in his voice gave away the obvious fear he felt towards this house. Not that I could blame him it had been abandoned for many years and to everyone in town it was rumored to be haunted.

"For the love of God, 16, go inside and see if anyone's in there."

"Copy that." He replied and Derek made his way towards the window and began to stare down the dog causing it to bark repeatedly. As I heard the officers' steps come closer the barking got louder and more out of control.