03| After Party

It seemed that even though I had assured Lydia that I wouldn't go to her party I would find myself her anyways

The second I stepped into the large house I sensed Scott not too far away. Now that I was here I realized how terribly Derek and I had handled this situation. We should have told Scott what was happening to him the moment we realized that the bite had changed him, maybe we would have avoided all of this trouble of hunting him down.

As I made my way through the crowds of drunk teenagers, someone suddenly stepped in my path. Had it not been for my enhanced reflexes I would have undoubtedly run into them, and as I focused my attention on their face ready to push them out of my way I realized that it was Stiles with an incredibly annoyed expression on his face. "Now what are you doing here?"

"Last time I checked I was the one invited to the party."

He seemed speechless for a moment before looking around at the crowds around us who were too busy drinking and engaging in their own conversations to pay any kind of attention to us. "Still you're everywhere, how are you involved?"

"Again with your stupid accusations, well I don't have time for them." I replied feeling my own heart rate spike with irritation. I had long ago learned to control the shift during the full moon, but it took an incredible amount of concentration.

The full moon's effects were almost intoxicating. It was almost like a temptation wanting to pull you into the darkness and allow you to lose complete control.

"Are you okay?" Stiles questioned, and just as Scott suddenly rushed inside quickly making his way through the crowd, his heart rate beating at a ridiculously fast rate.

"Yo, Scott you good?" Stiles asked his best friend, concern laced in his voice but he was ignored as Scott pushed his way out of Lydia's house. Allison quickly rushed after him, and I didn't hesitate to run after her knowing that if she was able to catch up to Scott he would lose what little control it seemed that he was desperately holding onto.

When I was out in the crisp night air I saw Derek at the bottom of the steps, but I walked past him as I rushed after Allison.

"Allison!" I called after her as Scott drove away recklessly and there was no hiding the disappointment and hurt on her face as she turned around to face me.