16| Pack Bonds

Knowing that getting those keys was the only way to get to my brother was all the motivation I needed

Knowing that getting those keys was the only way to get to my brother was all the motivation I needed. I no longer felt the fear that had taken a hold of me earlier. The only real emotion I felt at the moment was anger. It was burning inside of me and all I could do to remain in control was to keep my hands in fists. I rarely felt myself on the deg of losing control in this way and having the source of my anger right beside me wasn't helping. 

"Thank you for doing this." Scott said as he held up the flashlight.

"I'm not doing this for you." I replied as I walked ahead of him being guided by the strong scent of blood. It was concerning that the blood no longer came from the locker rooms where the janitor was killed. 

"I really am sorry...I...I panicked."

I stopped to face him. There was no justification for what he had done. For the way that he betrayed my brother and I after everything we had done to help him.

Maybe I just felt more hurt at the fact that he had done this to me. As much as I hated to admit it. I was beginning to see Scott and Stiles as my friends. But this was just a cruel reminder that the only person I could trust was my brother.

"Shut up. You'll lead the Alpha right to us." I told him as I turned the corner towards the stairs. "Just follow me I have the scent."

Understanding that his apologies weren't going to change anything he followed the the rest of the way in silence. I followed the scent to the gym as I paused at the door already sensing the alpha's presence. Taking a deep breath I opened the doors as Scott and I slowly walked into the gym.

"Am I the only one getting a really bad feeling about this?" Scott asked and I shook my head in agreement as we began to walk behind the bleachers as the smell of blood got stronger. We both stopped not seeing the body anywhere until drops of blood fell in front of us. Shining the flashlight above us Scott gasped as he saw the janitor hanging upside down on the bleachers. It was like a scene from a horror movie. "I'll get the keys, you hold whatever this is."

"Hurry up." I told him as I got a hold of the mixture that Lydia had made for us. As Scott began to climb up to get the keys the bleachers began to close in on us. "Scott!"