13| Anchors

I looked around the empty boy's locker room unsure of what Stiles could possible need from here

I looked around the empty boy's locker room unsure of what Stiles could possible need from here. "What are we doing here?"

"I just need to get something." He muttered as he headed into Coach's office. "Keep watch."

I sighed as I crossed my arms over my chest as I waited outside of the office, feeling absolutely ridiculous. From behind me Stiles waved a heart monitor in my face as I snatched it away. "You realize you just stole this, right?"

"Temporarily misappropriated." He attempted to correct as he took the device back. "Come on."

Without another word I followed him to the lacrosse field where Scott was already waiting nervously near the bleachers. Stiles handed Scott the monitor as he dropped his duffle bag on the ground. "Okay. Now Put this on."

"Isn't this one of the heart rate monitors for the track team?" Scott asked as he took a closer look at the device before Stiles ripped it out of his grasp. Although he was talking to Scott I could still feel the slight resentment that Stiles still felt for him. I was sure Scott could feel it too as he was clearly trying to remain on Stiles' good side.

"Yeah, I borrowed it."

"Stole it." Scott corrected.

"Told you." I quickly said to Stiles as he rolled his eyes in irritation.

"Temporarily misappropriated." He repeated. "Coach uses it to monitor his heart rate with his phone while he jogs, and you're gonna wear it for the rest of the day."

Stiles continued to take equipment out of his duffle bag, he then pulled out a phone and set it on the bench. Scott picked up the phone this time looking truly shocked."Isn't that Coach's phone?"

"That, I stole." Stiles admitted.

"Why?"

"AII right, well, your heart rate goes up when you go wolf, right? When you're playing Iacrosse, when you're with AIIison, whenever you get angry." Stiles began to explain as he picked up his lacrosse stick. "Maybe Iearning to control it is tied to Iearning to control your heart rate."