Ch-2 Run out

Agastya

Today is very important match for me as there are chances that I can become vice captain on the basis of today's performance in the match, it is only possible if that neil wouldn't put his nose in between.

Actually Jay , who is present vice captain of our team is moving to another city because of his father's transfer, so there are two people who can take his place first is me and another is Dev, who is Neil's friend. I am sure he will definitely come in between so that I can't become vice captain.Today I have to perform my best so that our coach will make me vice captain without asking him.

Keeping this in my mind I was getting ready for my match in dressing room of our team then Yashvi came with food packets for us and after few minutes bulldozer came with soft drinks. Don't judge me because I call Sara a bulldozer , there is a reason why I call her that.

She is blessed with an amazing talent, she can pick a fight with anyone, anytime and anywhere. Lyrics of the song Montero 'call me when you want, call me when you need' is inspired from her only. Note the sarcasm.

Just call her when you want her, she will be there to fight, it can be with you or against you also it depends on her mood. That's why I call her 'bulldozer'. That's the reason I don't talk to her. She love to fight so much that she even learn Taekwondo.

Surprising thing was that when she left without picking any fight or argument with anyone. Even she wished us with a smile, weird. As it's almost time for the match, we ate very light food so that we can get some energy as it's going to be a 50 over match.

After having our food , we left for the cricket ground with our respective kits as it's time for the toss. Our college have a big cricket ground , it's actually look like a mini stadium. Students of the both college were there in the audience to cheer for there teams. We won the toss and decided to ball first.

It's good, we will have a target to chase. The match started , at first they played really nice I must say there top order is very strong. It was getting very hard for us to break there top order but after making good strategy we succeeded. That's it, we took over the game, in between they tried to come back but in vain. The first inning completed with some ups and downs.

At the end there score was 248/6 in 50 overs, which is a pretty decent score. Now we have to make 249 runs, after taking a 15 minutes break we started the second innings, Neil and Jay are opening for our team. I will go after one down. To win this game it's very important opening batsman to play well otherwise we will be under pressure.

I am sitting where other players and volunteers are sitting while wearing my knee and elbow pad with a bat and helmet in my hands. I am watching Neil and Jay going towards the pitch. The match started, both of them are playing good right now score is 36 runs in 8 overs, but after 2 overs Jay got LBW out, now score is the is 51/1.

It's my time now , I walked to where Neil is standing. He told me about the pitch and wish me luck. I just nodded to him and walk to the crease. I am on the strike, bowler throw a full toss, which is a welcome gift for me. I hit the ball with little bit of technique and with some power. Right now ball is kissing the sky and gone out of the boundary. I can hear hooting and clapping from the audience. Umpire declare it a six, indeed a good start.

Hooting and clapping started to never end as I was rarely taking singles, it's 4 or 6 most of the time. Well right now I am in very good form , if I am going to play like this only then match will be over within one hour. Team score reached to 100 just in 15.4 overs and my score is 40 in 18 balls , impressive right? My strike rate is more than 200 and this is my highest strike rate till date.

But now I have to play very carefully as I am very close to my half century. Usually players at this time wanted to hit sixes and fours to complete there 50s or 100s in style but at this time we should play very carefully unless you are Virat Kohli or MS Dhoni.

So I complete 48 runs while taking singles and sometimes double too. Both Neil and me were playing great till now. Right now I am on strike, I took a single run but ball is still with the fielder. Neil on the other side shouted to run for another run but I know I can't make it as fielder is not that far. So I denied to him but I was too late as he is already in the middle of the pitch now he left me with no choice so run as fast as I can, but as expected fielder throw the ball and it was direct hit and I got run out. Whole stadium went silent.

I am fuming in anger right now, how he just do this to him. I wish I could just punch his face but I can't as cricket is a gentlemen's game. But I give death glare to him before leaving the ground. I was so close to my half century maybe I could even make century too as I was playing really well but he destroyed everything because of his stupidity.

After leaving the ground, I moved straight to the dressing room of the team. I need a shower to calm myself down. I put my belongings in my locker remove my jersey which I was wearing and stand under the shower. Hot water is soothing me. Under the shower, I was thinking about what happened earlier. I just lost my chance to become vice captain of the team because of that bastard Neil.

"I can't do anything right now, I am just waiting for my chance so that I can pay him off of his deed." I said to myself. I came out after taking shower. I wear a red and black colour t-shirt and red colour shorts. As t-shirt is half selves my hand tattoos are sneaking out.

I reach the ground and sit with my team players

I reach the ground and sit with my team players. Match is about to end we need 20 runs in 30 balls which is not a big deal. Neil is still batting , he completed his century. On the other side Dev is playing with him, he completed his half century. I should be angry after watching this, right?
So am I.

We won the match. Neil apologize to me after the match, I know it's just a formality. I didn't stay there for long.

Preview:- I was about to tell you.

So you like the chapter? I will update new chapters on every Wednesday.