Ch-40 Reassuring hug

Sara

"Happy birthday, Sara." Agastya whisper softly while his forehead still resting on mine and still panting. Our breaths were mingling. "Huh?" This is what only I could speak at that moment. Wait he wished me. It's already my birthday? I thought there are still two weeks left for that.

You thought it two weeks back. My inner voice said sarcastically. "I said happy birthday." He repeat himself but this time looking at my face. Right now it's almost mid night, so there are two possibilities; first, my birthday is just started and second, it's about to end.

Chances of second possibility is very less because if my birthday is near to end then anyone would have wished me earlier like big boss, mom Or Yashvi. So that means my birthday is just started.

Now I have to pretend like I remember my birthday, otherwise it will be so awkward that I forgot my own birthday. "Yeah.. Right happy birthday... I mean thank you." I said with a laugh to hide my nervousness which made it even worse.

Great. Just great. You messed it up really well. He is looking at me with raised brows like inspecting my each and every expressions. "You forget your own birthday." He asked which was more like a statement. Jeez! I can't even pretend.

"No I do remember... It's just.. " I started to explain but he was looking at me with a look saying 'Just give up, you can't lie.' Either I am very bad lier Or he can see right through me. But the problem is, I will be in big trouble in both the situation.

"Fine I forget my own birthday." I huffed in defeat and waited for his judgement. His suspicious look turned into a ear to eat grin. "What's so funny?" Is he making fun of me?

"Do you know many people even after putting so much efforts still not get succeed in that but you do it without any efforts? And the best part is you are not even aware of it. " He asked with same grin. "What is it?" I asked in confusion with a frown.

"In looking cute." He whisper and it took me few seconds to understand the meaning of his words while batting my eyelashes. He call me cute? Agastya find me cute? This was the last thing I was expecting from him.

"Sara you are blushing." He said with a chuckle and after lightly pinching my right cheek which cause more heat arose on my cheeks. God what's happening to me?

"Sara" We heard a knock at the door. "Mom!! " I whisper yelled in shock and I am sure it must clearly visible on face also. I've never thought I would be in this kind of situation where my mom was standing outside my room while inside I am making out with a boy. The word making out is giving me wild imagination. Ugh! Wild imagination? Seriously Sara?Let's call it kissing and not making out.

I pushed Agastya away from me in a panick like she can see us, which cause him to stumbled at his place. "Mom is outside. What we are gonna do now?" I asked before covering my mouth with my hand. "Sara relax nothing will happen. You just relax." He said calmly as if this situation is not affecting him at all.

"Relax?" I asked in disbelief with frustration. "Are you out of your mind? Don't you have idea about this situation? You are here inside my room in the middle of the night and my mom is standing at my door. What will she think? What will she do?" I ramble in panick.

He slowly walk towards me and hold my shoulders. "Ok just take deep breaths and then open the door. I am hiding under the bed. She will not know I am here, Okay?" He said like he is talking to a toddler. I nodded like one and took deep breaths to calm my nerves.

"Good now open the door." By saying that he brush my hair strains behind the ear and give a peck on my forehead which ease my panick. I never thought that these things can calm my nerves.