Chapter 1, Hectic

It was hard taking care of two week old sisters and trying to proceed with the average teenage life. Well, not really average, just the appearance that I'm normal.

Before my little sisters existing I had had to take care of my mom. She hadn't been well while pregnant with the littles and therefore why they were two months early.

After being in the NICU (newborn intensive care unit) for three days, they "miraculously"became healthy enough to leave. In reality, it was me.

That's one of my powers, healing. In a sense my sisters just needed to be healed. Basically anything that hadn't been completely formed earlier, now was.

I'm not sure if it's normal or not but the twins are practically synced. It made the convenient at times but also inconvenient. Besides diaper changing they did almost everything else together, give or take a few minutes.

Right now I'm just rushing around trying to get ready for school. It's Monday and going to be my first day back since two weeks ago. The teachers have been sending the homework over email but they need me back if I'm going to get full credit.

They know I'm bringing the babies and have give me a permanent hall pass so I can leave when ever to take care of them. Me and my sisters have this weird connection and I can tell what's wrong before they even start crying.

With this double baby harness that I made, I strap my sisters to the front of myself. Everything is taken care of so they should be good for the next two hours. Crouching in an awkward direction, I pick up my backpack, then head to the door.

It's an easy ride to school. I take public transportation and thankfully am given one of the seats because someone notices that I have two babies with me.

As I got off the bus I could see the stares of a few students. But then as they told their friends, a few stares turned into a majority of the school.

It wasn't that I was well known, but some of them knew me as the background loner. That was kinda my title. But it was the fact that I had my two week sisters with me that made them stare.

This was when I wished my powers included invisibility. Well, in reality, I actually wished I had invisibility most of the time. As I walked past I could hear many people whispering about me, thanks to my enhanced hearing.

I kept my face blank, avoiding looking at anyone, but walking confidently. When I got to my first class I sat at the desk closest to the door.

They stayed asleep for the entire class, only waking up at the end because they needed a diaper change. Strangely enough, I hadn't chosen a name for them. Referring to them as little one, sister, or baby.

I told myself it was because my mom should've been able to name them. It just didn't feel right. As I leave class I head to the bathroom. It's not easy changing two babies on the bathroom counter and not dropping them or the supplies itself.

When I finally finished I hurried to my next class. Math. I was really good at it, but the teacher hated me for some reason. I didn't need to listen in on his classes because it was the one subject that I studied on my own.

But that didn't stop him from bullying me. This was also the one class I had with the "Flash" kid. He had been held back a year. I arrived just barely on time and thankfully the seat by the door was open. Although I still got glares from the teacher.

"Looks like the night demon decided to show up." I didn't even bother turning around. I knew it was Flash.

"Aw, she even brought tiny bastard demons!" The teacher did nothing to reprimand Flash and just said, "Ok class we're going to continue working through our Geometry book, pay attention."