Chapter 24, Inbetween

I absolutely hated looking for Loki. Somehow he always knew when I was looking for him, and would make it into a game of hide and seek. After an hour of his frusterating game I stopped in his room and mind linked him to say that I would personally destroy his helmet next time I saw him if he didn't show up in the next five minutes.

He arrived in two.

"Now that's no fun darling. It defeats the point of the game if you threaten me like that." I was this close to punching his "dissapointed" looking face.

"It's not the time for games. We've got a problem."

"Of course we do! I was hoping somebody would address this. There is a significant lack of respect in this household! Every time I walk into the room someone sighs or straight up leav-"

"LOKI! I'm being serious!" I stood up from sitting on the bed and started pacing.

"It's the TVA. They took Clint."

"Well, he's fucked."

I glare at Loki. "Not helping."

He sighed, "What do you want me to do about that?"

I hand him a zippy bag with the note inside. "There's something magical on this. It could be harmless but I don't know. I need you to check it so it doesn't accidently explode and destroy this universe. I didn't want to give it to Wanda or Stephen to check because they would immediately tell me to not get involved. Which doesn't work beca- Loki!"

I choke on my words as he takes the paper out with his hands.

"Hm?"

Pinching the bridge of my nose I try my best not to berate him.

"It's just a tracking spell thing. They probably wanted it so they could find you anywhere. Since you are a anomaly that they haven't been able to catch they probably figured this would be best."

I close my eyes in relief that it wasn't something more dangerous. 

"I'm going to have to be honest, I have no idea what these symbols mean."

"They're telling me to meet them." 

"Hm. That's not suspicious."

"Could you cover for me?"

Loki looked at me in suprise. "I shouldn't be suprised but I am. You're going to try and meet them without any bringing let alone telling any of your soulmates?"

"Look who's talking. You don't necessarily have a reputation for being considerate of how others would feel." I sit down on the bed again rubbing my hand.

"Either way, they wouldn't be able to help. I've seen what they can do and I've been told stories by my mom. Only me and potentially the twins would be able to do anything to defend ourselves against them. That's only because we aren't supposed to be here but somehow are here. Could you give me the note back?" Loki nods.

"I see this will be my cue to leave then? I'm certainly not going to stay around to see the aftermath of you leaving."

"Fine. Do what you want. I have to go now anyways to avoid Wanda, Stephen and Thor. Your window opens right?"

"Yes?"

I stride over to the window and open it, then step out. Behind a small yelp of alarm can be heard but it dissapears when Loki realizes I'm levitating.

"Lovely trick little star. I should use that next time."

A small chuckle leaves my mouth as I slowly begin building a stable bubble around me.