Chapter 11, Oop

The twins defiantly had a good nap, they were very active and because I had to make dinner, I decided to do bubbles.

No, bubbles wasn't what I was making for dinner. Bubbles was the one thing I could do with my powers without it malfunctioning. I had been using them more often after the twins arrived and mom died.

She hadn't liked me doing them before. Basically I would make a small energy ball in my hand, then enlarge it to fit whatever item it would hold. I knw for a fact that sharp items wouldn't penetrate it but I wasn't sure about anything else.

They didn't have to be attached to anything and could only be moved by me. This was really the first time I had ever put the twins in one when they were awake.

When I had just been living alone with them I would devote as much time as possible to them. Which meant my well being went second always.

But the only people who cooked in this house weren't really here. Wanda was god knows where, Clint was sleeping, and Stephen was most likely busy.

Basically if someone didn't cook something for dinner then they were just going to buy takeout. Which I didn't tend to like.

The girls were happily babbling in their bubbles as I put the recipe together.

Pizza Rice (large)
12 cups of water
3 jars of pizza sauce
4 1/4 cups of rice

Cook in crockpot low for 5hrs
or high for 3hrs

(This is a real recipe)

After I put that in I grabbed some mozzarella and pepperoni from the fridge. I shredded some mozzarella and cut the pepperoni in half.

With that done I moved to making some dessert. I had never made any sort of dessert for them so I was nervous as to how they would react at dinner.

I pulled out the supplies to make sugar cookies with buttercream frosting. Yeah, I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat it but it was easier to decorate with it.

"Hey JARVIS, could you turn on some Christmas music?" I had remembered that it was December and no one had turned on Christmas music yet.

"Of course Miss."

I smiled as music filled the room. I put the cookies in the oven. When I glanced over at the twins I did a double take. Their bubbles had combined and turned into a rectangle, both of them laying side by side.

I hadn't done this. Maybe I did it unconsciously? It weirded me out but it wasn't like they were hurt or anything.

After the cookies were in the oven for 30 minutes I took them out. As they cooled I made the buttercream. I danced along to the music, oblivious to my surroundings.

I almost dumped some of the powdered sugar on myself but barely caught it in time. The frosting came together quickly and once it was done I turned to bring it over to where the cookies were. I froze as I saw Tony and Stephen standing in the doorway.

"Hi?" I said, continuing to get everything set up to decorate the cookies. They both came into the kitchen. "I was watching you dance and Stephen was trying to figure out why the girls were in a purple energy square floating in the kitchen." Tony said reaching his hand over my shoulder to the frosting bowl.

I quickly smacked it away, "Leave it." I said in a sharp voice. "As for Stephen, it's the only thing I can do without it going out of control. Mom said I made it up when I was one." I smiled softly at the reminder of mom. "She always hated me doing it. And I understand why. It could've gotten out of control like what happened in the gym. But it never has."