Chapter 6, Something Normal

When I said the full names, out of the corner of my eyes I saw Dr. Strange narrow his eyes. He couldn't possibly know the truth, could he? The rest of the group loved the names.

While I loved the fact that they were so excited, I needed to sleep. And since the twins were completely taken care of, I could hopefully rest.

As the others played with and watched the twins, who were laying on a makeshift bed, I closed my eyes. I thought no one noticed but I felt the bed dip as someone sat next to me.

Two arms slipped around me, one of them metal, and lifted me onto their lap. "I'm not asleep it's ok. I can stay awake." I mumble into his chest.

There's a soft chuckle, "I don't think you can doll. It's fine, the others will occupy the twins." His hand starts rubbing small circles on my back. I try to insist again, "I need to watch them. Just in case. It's my job"

Another voice joins in, "You need to sleep. If there's something wrong with the twins we'll tell you."
I'm so tired that I don't even protest, "Yes sir Captain Rogers."

My mind shuts down as I quickly fall asleep.

*Nightmare*

The twins are being taken. The TVA surrounds me and they all speak at once. "Eclipse, you're a danger. He Who Remains demands your erasing. You will destroy the universe......."

I'm struggling, trying to escape them to reach the twins but I can't. I can't speak either, so when they turn on their staffs all I can do is watch. But instead of hitting me with it they tap both the twins.

I open my mouth to scream, but nothing comes out. My struggles are in vain as they start towards me.

*End*

When I wake up there's two people holding me down. I begin to freak out but then I realize who they are. All the fight drains out of me. "I'm sorry." As I say this tears begin to roll down my cheeks. I've been slowly building up to my breaking point over these past two weeks, now I've reached it.

Mr. Barnes and Mr. Rogers let go as they realize I'm done being a, well, probably a threat. I'd never had nightmares this bad so when I asked them a question I feared the answer. "Did I hurt anyone?"

Rogers shook his head. "No you didn't, me an Bucky held you down till you woke up. But you did scare us. Do you want to tell us what happened?"
Now it's my turn to shake my head, I can't tell them yet. Then I realized I was on the floor. "Where are the twins? Are they okay?"

I knew they weren't in their makeshift bed but I didn't know where they could be. I try to stand up but immediately trip over my own feet, Mr. Barnes swiftly catching me before I hit the ground. Mr. Barnes, who's holding me up, guides me gently to the bed. "The twins are fine, they're currently in the main room with the others. They are getting hungry which is why we came upstairs to get you."

It took me a moment to remember what day it was. Friday. I look over at the small clock on the nightstand 7:30am. Within seconds I'm walking towards the door. "Why didn't you wake me up! I have to get to school! Now I can't even make it there on time, even if I was to run!"

"You don't have to go to school today." Rogers said.

"I may be living here temporarily Mr. Rogers, but you cannot and will not stop me from going to school. It's already bad enough that I lost my home and job. Now are you going to bring me to the twins or will I have to find them myself."

Both Mr. Barnes and Mr. Rogers were grinning widely. Rogers responded, barely holding back laughter. "Follow us, we'll bring you down to the twins. But what's the whole Mr. Rogers deal? It's not to often that I hear something like that."