Chapter 8, Well..... that happened

I wake up to the beeping of machines. It was very similar to the sound of a hospital that I had been in with mom after she had the twins. That made me pause. A hospital. I opened my eyes and see the somewhat familiar walls and machines. The twins weren't here either.

That's when I hear the twins crying. Within seconds I'm up and out of the bed, only grimacing slightly as my side complains. I'm attached to a IV so I grab the bag of liquid and unhook it from the rack. I couldn't run but I walked as fast as my spinning head allowed, to the door. Just as I was about to open it, it swung up to reveal a surprised Bucky.

"Eclipse what are you doing out of bed! You literally just passed out from dehydration for three hours! Look! You can barely even stand!"

"Oh, that's why I passed out, thanks for pointing it out Mr. Obvious. If you don't want me passing out again then help me back to the bed and tell whoever's out there to bring the twins in."

"No." He said, leading me back to bed. I tried to get out of his grip but he was way stronger then me. "What do you mean no! They're out there crying and I doubt any of you know how to stop them."

I sat down on the bed but didn't lay down till he somewhat forcefully pushed me down. "Listen doll, they're fine. Wanda has already tried feeding them and she checked their diapers. They're just crying because they need a nap and aren't going to sleep. Contrary to popular belief some of us have had experience with babies. You need to take a break. Even if its one day. Wanda is going to take care of the twins and Nat will too once she finishes what she's doing."

What surprised me the most was, in the background I could hear the twins quieting down. "Where are the others?" No one else had come through the door and I had hoped to see at least some of them. "Doing various things. Stephens trying to get Tony out of the lab, Nat's dealing with a code green, Peter and Clint are out on patrol and Steve and Wanda are with the twins. I was the only one who didn't have anything to do so I decided to come double check on you."

"Code green? And why is Mr. Stark in the lab?"

"Ah - remember to use our first names. Anyways, code green is because Bruce was scared for you and almost hulked out. Tony's in the lab because he blames himself for not catching the fact that you didn't eat for almost two days. Listen. Just lay down and try to rest doll. I know for a fact you're still tired and barely staying awake as it is."

Now that he mentioned it, I realized how true it was. "Will you stay?" I was very hesitant and quite but he heard me anyways. "Yes I can babygirl. Are you ok? Do I need to get Stephen?"

"No no no. I'm fine. It's just-" I sit up, still dizzy but a lot more manageable. I didn't really want to go deep so I decided to distract him. "Can we take the IV out? I really don't like needles." He seemed to look at me with sympathy but then said, "No doll, the doctor said to keep it in until you're more stable and can eat a meal. She'll actually be in to check on you in two or so hours."

He switched from sitting on the chair to sitting on the bed. "I'll stay till you fall asleep but once Peter and Clint are back I need to take my shift of patrolling."

"Patrolling? Doesn't Nick's minions do that? Why do they need you guys to do it?" James seemed just as confused as Wanda had been. "You know Fury? As for the patrolling we do it for our own peace of mind. Why do you call him Nick? He never lets anyone call him something other then Fury."

I lay back down remembering just how tired I was. "I've always called him Nick. I don't know why. Yeah I know him, should I not? Why does everyone act so surprised? Well, you and Wanda."

His flesh hand moves and he absentmindedly starts rubbing my thigh as he responds. "Very few normal civilians know who exactly is Fury. His work isn't geared towards interacting with the general human population. He also isn't your day to day average human being."