Chapter 21, LOKI

Loki stayed out of the way for the most part. Everyone clearly stated their dislike for him but since he had told us all those things we decided that we would keep him around for now. Although, Thor was obviously oblivious to Loki's discomfort, as he kept on inviting Loki to join in whatever activity we were doing. Or he was just pretending not to notice.

We came back home at the end of July, although some of my soulmates had returned earlier because they needed to get a few things done.

There were multiple times during the next few months where Loki and one of my soulmates would disappear for a few days; I always spent those days worrying they wouldn't come back.

Once school started up me and Peter tested out of highschool and began online college classes. Peter was double majoring in some sort of engineering/science degree and I was double majoring in linguistics and business.

The twins were growing more and more each day. At this point they were nine months old, as it was the end of september. Their powers were, unexpected, to say the least. But despite that, they got along well with all of my soulmates.

Something that unnerved me was that Nova preferred Loki to any of my other soulmates. Besides me, Loki was the only other person that could get her to calm down. We discovered this after Nova began to cry and I had left the room for a moment. When I had come back, Nova was contentedly playing with Loki, who did some sort of magic thing to leave once he noticed I was there.

As for the sleeping situation, I reluctantly accepted to have Wanda sleep in my room with me and the twins. Natasha ended up moving to the room connected to mine that was supposed to be for the twins. Most of the time we would take turns with the twins, but sometimes the only person the twins wanted was me.

Thankfully they no longer needed night feedings, but sometimes they would wake up from, what I would guess was a nightmare. Even though the twins were getting better at mental communication, they didn't know how to describe what woke them up. Or maybe they just didn't remember. One thing that I was able to understand was that their dreams were often connected. Not only that, but I would often be pulled into some of their happy dreams.

Along with being enhanced by way of powers, the twins were able to quickly understand words. They only spoke single or two word sentences, but they could mentally communicate with me. They would use a mix of pictures and multiple words to get their message across, which helped a lot. Both of the twins could also mentally communicate with Wanda, but on a much lower scale. I had no doubts that they would improve once they got better control of their powers.

My powers advanced quickly. I had daily training with either Wanda or Stephen. The main downside to my powers was their connection to my emotions. I could use them easily regardless of what I was feeling, but they were more unpredictable depending on how strong my emotions were.

But it wasn't until now that we discovered just how dangerous they could be.

I was frustrated and at my limit. This was mainly due to my college classes. I absolutely loved my language classes, but one of the business classes that I was taking required a group project. The people in said project were, frustrating, to say the least. Three out of six people in the group were either, unwilling to do the project or turning in crappy results. One of the other people provided their work, but were unwilling to communicate or work with the rest of the group. Their work was just barely satisfactory. The last person in the group got their stuff done, and were willing to communicate but provided minimal help with dealing with the rest of the people in the group.

In the end, I had sent multiple emails to the various members that had yet to contribute, and I also sent an email to the teacher to inform him. The project had been assigned to us a week and a half ago, and it was due in a little over a week. At first I had thought some of them were just procrastinating, but as the due date had gotten nearer I found out that wasn't the case.