12: home

Jungkook didn't quite expect the other to actually want to stay. so he was silent for a moment and stared at the boy.

"you want to stay?"

"Yes," Taehyung nodded and smiled. He would love to stay, have a proper roof above his head, get fed delicious food, showers and a warm place to sleep.

"why?"

"I want a house, no more cold and little street foods."

"seems reasonable '' Jungkook said and mentally chuckled at himself for not thinking of that immediately. He sat back on the couch. "alright you can stay, i won't be around anyway"

"oh?" Taehyung frowned. "But where will you sleep then?"

"It's not like this is my only home, I have another one. but that's a secret" jungkook said.

"can i come with?"

"no"

"but-"

"you will just go do your own thing, i'm not here to babysit a hybrid."

"I'm not a baby, I'm old enough to take care of myself!" taehyung said annoyed.

"says the one that can't read"

"I never learned to read, but you, I'm fine without it" taehyungs frown deepened and he crossed his arms. "You don't need to babysit me, i will be fine on my own"

"good, i don't have time for you." Jungkook stood up hearing the room bell ring from the hallway. Leaving an annoyed taehyung in the living room while he got their delivery food. The chicken smelled really good and Jungkook was getting hungry. Immediately once the smell spread through the rooms, Taehyung ran towards him with wide eyes and licked his lips.

"Is that chicken?!"

Jungkook ignored the boy and got two plates and glasses while walking to the table. When he returned he saw Taehyung with his hands in the bag searching for the foor he flicked the boy's head making the hybrid pout and frowned at him angrily.

"you're mean"

"don't make me throw you out now. i won't hesitate to do so" jungkook glared at the hybrid. "don't get all bratty with me, watch your words" and with that he went to get water for them.

Jungkook didn't get to eat with someone often. Usually he would just get a coffee at night and go to sleep after or cook himself something quick like a salad or some beef. But now the hybrid was here he was eating proper meals, it did him quite good. he liked the food, it reminded him he should eat more like this. But he didn't get the change to a lot, because he usually got home after midnight, he wasn't home for dinner, not even the late night snack. Only his gang members were awake as they went out with him to the job, but those had their own things to attend to after work. yes sometimes they ate together at the mansion but they would eat in their own rooms or just sit there, not joining the dinner.

"Can i eat now, i'm hungry" taehyung said as kindly as he couldn't, he didn't want to be on the street again. he wanted to stay.

Jungkook stared at the boy not liking the fake sweetness of the boy. It made him feel odd. So he just took out the boxed with the fried chicken and salad. giving one to the hybrid who snatched it out of his hand to open it taking a big sniff off the delicious smell. Jungkook noticed how taehyung was getting comfortable around him. It's funny how quick someone changes. Its lie the boy just forgot about witnessing a murder and getting beat up. Maybe the boy just was quickly forgettable, or he just decides to not think of those things and live his best life. probably the last one, no way the boy would forget something like that.

-

After their late dinner Jungkook was showering, leaving the boy alone again in the living room. Taehyung was bored, he had already made himself a bed to sleep on the couch using a blanket and a pillow. He didn't know how to entertain himself here, everything looked too clean and formal. He sighed and sat down on the ground laying down on his back to feel the coolness of the floor.

"Jungkook takes so long...i bet he is pooping" taehyung said and looked at the bedroom door jungkook went to a while ago. "i might not read but i can read the time"

Jungkook wasn't, he had finished showering already and was now staring at his clothes while on the phone.

"yes i'm on my way, give me twenty minutes," Jungkook said. "alright bye" jungkook ended the call and got into some more casual looking clothes. Not something he wore often, only when he was home and was relaxing. The raved grabbed his keys and gun from the nightstand making sure to have it loaded with enough bullets. He checked the room one last time before walking out. The sun was already gone making place for the dark night sky with stars.

"why doesn't he use lights... '' Jungkook complained, having to talk through the dark. "Kid, I'm leaving," he said. Jungkook expected a reply but it stayed silent. So Jungkook removed his hand from the doorknob and turned around looking through the penthouse. Soon enough his eyes noticed the pair of white ears above the blankets on the couch. Jungkook sighed and walked to the hybrid who was already sleeping under the blankets. "Come here" he said softly and scooped the boy in his arms carrying him towards the bedroom. Gently placing the boy down in the bed and covering him with the warmer and more soft bed sheets. The hybrid seemed to like it seeing the smile and how he snuggled into the blankets, his hand grabbing the pillow and blanket closer.

Jungkook chuckled and turned around leaving the room, and later the whole building.

---

thank you for reading, this chapter is a bit short sorry heh. i will see you in the next chapter!