34: tears

After a good day of shopping the two were back at the penthouse. Jungkook ended up carrying the bags watching the hybrid hop in the elevator, smiling happily as he pressed all the buttons. glancing at Jungkook pretending he didn't do anything.

"tae...." jungkook was about to scold the boy, but he sighed and gulped the words away not saying anything but calmly stepping in the elevator, preparing for a long way up. which it was. the doors kept opening on each floor which were a lot. Each door taehyung had to chuckle and kept looking at the raven amused. Some people that were in the hallways looked at them confused, making Jungkook slightly annoyed by this but he still kept his mouth shut.

"Fucking finnaly" the raven immediately left the elevator once they got to the penthouse. He dropped the bags in the bedroom ruffling his hair in a more comfortable model than slicked back, giving the raven black hair strands the freedom they wanted.

"Kid, I will go shower. the food is on their way" jungkook said he had ordered something earlier through the maids who will make sure the food got up in time. the hybrid nodded and began unpacking the bags trying his best to fold them neatly but failing. In his eyes it was good enough and he showed it in the closet like balls, giving up on even try to fold them.

Jungkook didn't take long in the shower and already left taehyung was no longer in the bedroom, when the raven was getting dressed he noticed the clothes stuffed in the shelf and chuckled. the boy must not know how to fold them. Jungkook will remember to ask the maids to show him when they have time. Jungkook had been feeling different lately, now he was spending so much time in his penthouse rather than the mansion. He was also doing different things, he delayed some meetings to go shopping with hybrids, that was not something he would see himself doing a month ago. It was strange to him but he didnt think more of it, knowing it would only annoy him. It felt like he was on vacation. but it was fine, jungkook made his decision, this was his last try at this. If this goes wrong, he will never do it again. Come to think of it, he still hasn't taken action on the mistake he made.

"...i gotta call Jin, this is bad '' jungkook mumbled, he cant have kids. he was a mafia leader, he can't have brainless kids around, they will die on day one. Jungkook had no intention of having kids anytime soon, he didn't even like them. "He got to get a check up." He grabbed his phone immediately to get this done. He had to get the boy to the doctor without him knowing. He didn't know how the boy would react if he found out. the hybrid must not realize it had happened, when they are in heat they don't realise everything fully. only some memories or images will stick with them. they are not fully awake mentally when they are at the peak of their heat like that. "okay, now food"

-

After a rather silent dinner, Jungkook was cleaning the table, the hybrid on the couch watching the news on the tv. Taehyung sat cross legged on the couch with a blanket around him to keep him comfortably warm. his blue eyes looking at the screen with the colorful colors. He liked watching tv, you could see everything on there.

'Yes, so here is Tu, one of my hybrids,' the man said as the camera zoomed in on the girl that sat on the ground.

"tu?...." Taehyung frowned. The person on the screen looked familiar. so did the man. Taehyung didn't notice it at first.

'You are the owner of the laboratory, and you train your own hybrids too, that's great. So tell us about them, what are your hybrids trained for?'

'to be obedient of course, we train them to become good pets and then we sell them to the shops. we always give the best quality, currently i am giving Tu her training.'

'what will happen if one doesn't have the good quality you speak of?'

'we..dispose of them' the man replied tu behind him shrunk visible clearly not comfortable. 'but, we will first try everything before taking such drastic step'

'i see, that's amazing you are able to do all this. we-'

Jungkook had heard the interview and dried his hands, about to change the channel not wanting taehyung to look at things like this. but when he neared the couch he heard sniffles. The raven grabbed the remote and looked at the hybrid, seeing him shaking, holding his ears and eyes shut. The raven quickly changed the channel to some kids cartoons and neared the boy.

"Taehyung? whats wrong?" he asked, kneeling down. He grabbed the boy's wrists to remove them from his ears. "why are you crying?"

"i-i don't like it. i-i don't want to go back!" taehyung said. "w-will you take me back?"

"take you back, what do you mean?'' Jungkook frowned.

"D-don't send me back. t-they wil d-dispose of me, '' Taehyung said. "i-im disobedient"

"Hey hey, no need to cry. im not giving you away like that '' jungkook said now getting what the boy was crying about. it must be the interview giving him memories of where he came from. Jungkook knew that most labs were not normal and treated the hybrid like objects. Jungkook got up and sat down next to the boy, a bit surprised when the hybrid hugged him, hiding his face in his chest. "ah...." the raven shut his lips and placed his hands on the boy's back and head holding him. He laid back as he had the boy cuddled up against him, waiting for him to calm down. "You're safe with me, don't be afraid"

"m-mister....b-bad memories" taehyung said softly and sniffled.

"I know, now shh. just relax. you're not there, you're safe here. with me" jungkook wasn't used to comforting people but it felt natural to caress the boy's hair and sush him softly. He almost thought it was funny how he could see himself getting softer and softer for the hybrid. and it was quick too. It took not too long for the hybrid to calm down and fall asleep in the man's arms who held him tightly.

---

thank you for reading my second update too, i hope to see you in the next chapter!

🌼🌼🌼