22: dessert

After they ate something the two were again sitting together in the penthouse. Jungkook was in the kitchen pouring a drink for himself. Taehyung sat in front of the window looking outside at the city, the sun had set already. He thought the lights of the cars down on the road were interesting.

"Kid, I'm leaving," Jungkook said looking at his phone.

"what why?"

"I have work to do still"

"Why are you always leaving? It's not fun. Can I come with you?" taehyung complained with a frown.

"No," Jungkook said sternly. There was no way he would take Taehyung to this, it was way too dangerous. especially when he knew taehyung would probably not stay still and wander around wanting to explore. it would get the boy killed. so he was not gonna take him to this.

"Will you come back?"

"no"

"but...." Taehyung sighed and just gave up. "you're no fun, i will ask glasses secretary to come over"

"I dare you" jungkook squinted his eyes. the hybrid just tilted his head giving an arrogant look at the older.

"watch me"

"Whatever, I'm going" Jungkook walked to the door and left the room cursing at himself for actually getting bothered by what taehyung said. Jungkook didn't even want anyone over with him, it really bothered him to think that. he scoffed and pressed the underground button.

While he was gone, Taehyung got bored of looking outside and went to the kitchen to steal some of Jungkook's food while the raven was gone. Taehyung had been taking some candies and little snacks from the raven but Jungkook hadn't noticed it yet. It was exciting to do. But when he looked on the kitchen counter he saw a plate with a pink strawberry dessert. exactly the one he wanted earlier this day. He gasped and was gonna grab it when he noticed the little note in front of it. He pouted, he couldn't read well. but he did understand what the paper said.

'For you, Jeon Jungkook' The hybrid smiled happily and grabbed the plate taking a huge bite of the sweet dessert. He hummed from the delicious taste. "ooh so good, thank you Jungkookie!" he said loudly. not knowing that a specific raven was watching him through the cameras. a little smile on his face seeing the hybrid's reaction.

-

Jungkook stood right next to the bleeding body as he examined what he found in the man's pockets. "Jimin, can you take this to the mansion and hand it to Yoongi" he said, giving Jimin the strange device.

"yes, will do"

"It seems we will be done here sooner than we thought." Jungkook said using a tissue to wipe the blood splatters off his shoes. "People bleed so much, these are designers, dont ruin them" he mumbled and poked the dead man in the face with the tip of his shoe. Jungkook turned to Hoseok who stood behind him with some of his other men.

"Let's head out of here. there is nothing of value left" jungkook said and walked past his partner followed by his men. They walked through the house where a few red lights were going off indicating a silent alarm with emergency lights as they had shut off the power inside this house so they could enter silently. When they walked back the way they came Jungkook suddenly saw something move, without any hesitation he grabbed his gun and shot his bullet. A thud was heard , one of jungkook's men hurried to whatever their boss shot aiming his gun around the corner as he investigated. his eyes fell on a dead body, they were of the enemy. so he hurried back and gave his boss a nod.

Jungkook hid his gun back in his pocket with a sigh and continued his way. As soon as they got outside the driver got out of the car that was waiting for their return and opened up an umbrella to not get the boss wet. Jungkook opened the car door and checked his watch seeing it was past midnight, he sighed and stepped in the car waiting for his driver to get in.

"Where to sir?" he asked looking in the mirror.

-

At the penthouse Taehyung woke up slightly from sounds in the room. But he was still half asleep to bother and felt alarmed. He let out a deep breath and could feel the bed dent on one side. Now he woke up a little more. Was he dreaming? Taehyung had no idea. And didn't quite fully realise that someone was caressing his hair patting him back to sleep.

It was the next morning and taehyung woke up by the bright sun shining into the bedroom. He whined softly and stretched his body rolling onto his side. He slowly opened his eyes expecting to thee the curtains in front of the bright window. But it wasn't that, he saw something else. There was someone in the bed with him. He could see the top half of a torso and raven black hair.

'Jungkook!' he thought and smiled happy

So it wasn't a dream. He did come back last night. The boy was so happy to see Jungkook that he snuggled closer to the man, accidentally waking him up. The raven opened his eyes and saw Taehyung laying against him, the two white ears poking his nose making Jungkook almost sneeze. He frowned at the boy but couldn't find it in him to actually push him away. but he didn't even have to say anything because the hybrid looked up and locked eyes with him. the boy gasped and jolted away to the other side of the bed.

Jungkook would be lying if he didn't miss the warmth of the boy already. It was quite...relaxing. He hasn't had someone close to him in a long time like that. not even in his bed, he always slept alone. but now someone was with him it didn't feel that odd or awkward. it was just his mind that was telling him to make it awkward and that he should feel this and that, but in reality he felt nothing of those things.

"i-im sorry"

"It's okay," Jungkook said and rolled on his back to not look at the boy. if he looked at his glistering beautiful eyes he would have the urge to pull him back against him.

"I didn't think you would sleep here," Taehyung said and sat up the light grey blankets around his waist as he looked down at the raven haired man who's hair was messy.

"i wasn't planning to"

"Then why did you come here?"

Jungkook didn't reply. He just sighed and turned his head looking at the boy. He couldn't do anything without thinking of him, the hybrid was in his head with all the actions he did. Each time the driver asked 'where to' or when he finishes a job he would check the time and wonder what taehyung was doing. He wondered if he had time to go home and see him. Even if he said he didn't care in the slightest his feelings were different, he caught himself each time thinking of him and wondering if the boy was okay. He even assigned his trusted men to guard the boy. Jungkook did care, he had caught himself caring for the boy a bit too much that he had intended. it wasn't just for protection of an innocent life anymore. It was actually him wanting to protect Taehyung from what may happen. He didn't want the boy to leave anymore. He felt different knowing there will be someone waiting for him at home and welcoming him. He actually wants to go home now and not stay in the mansion doing work. Not come to think of it. Jungkook hasn't been there in a while now, he kept coming here, but why? it was all for taehyung.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked when Jungkook wasn't replying to him still.

"I'm gonna take a shower" Jungkook said and got up, walking straight into the bathroom and locking the door. 

---

thank you for reading, see you in the next chapter!🌼🌼🌼