48: on water

As planned Jungkook stood on the deck of the big casino cruise. they were keeping low for now, cant attract too much attention right away. Jungkook was hoping to do this below radar and leave the ship ASAP. he did not want to be here even one bit. his eyes scanned the rooms and the top floors of the 'balcony'. well not a real balcony, but since he was outside he could look up to the decks above him, seeing some people leaning against the railing talking with their glasses of alcohol or whatever that was.

"he made me come all the way here....love is a crazy thing" jungkook mumbled to himself and shook his head, he never would have imagined himself doing something like this over someone. But look at him now, going out of his way and planning to save someone he cared a lot for. He couldn't just let the boy go like this. It hurt Jungkook knowing how the enemy was treating the hybrid. He did not want him to feel such things, the hybrid did nothing wrong. So Jungkook was gonna take him back and back to his penthouse. stuff him in fluffy blankets so he won't be harmed anymore.

"So, what's the plan now?" Hoseok asked, standing next to jungkook.

"now, we wait"

"Alright then" hoseok said and was about to take a champagne from a waiter who passed by but his hand got smacked away by Jimin.

"ah-"

"No drinking now hoseok, we have to stay focussed or else we will blow our cover" jimin hissed at the other, they were not planning to get attention here until they knew at least taehyung's exact location and condition. so for now they just had to keep their eyes and ears open until they got a sign where the boy might be. Jungkook suspected him to be wherever youngsoo was but you never can be sure. it won't be good to just walk into the lion's den without knowing if you're gonna find what you seek.

-

The two did not check the time but it felt like forever. By now they already explored the whole ship everywhere the public could enter, Jungkook had to admit Youngsoo and Jinsang had a pretty ship, it was well decorated. only it was too full to jungkook's liking, he didn't like this fancy decor, jungkook liked it to be rather simple looking. He liked elegance.

"I can't find anything, maybe Youngsoo is somewhere else, it can be that only Jinsang is present here today," Hoseok said, sighing when he returned after searching the top floors. Jimin checked down and now they met up in the center, their ears filled with the gamble machines and sounds of people at the poker table. It was very lively. but the three were not here to enjoy themselves.

"no i'm sure he is here, he texted me yesterday" jungkook said gritting his teeth as h remembered the image of youngsoo and taehyung, that man threatening his hybrid like that was making jungkook furious. he already had to give up things for the boy, he wasn't gonna let the man get away with everything, he at least had to get taehyung back for it. he can do all these things and not get the one thing he longed for back in his arms. Jungkook had fully lost to his own set rules, he shoved them into a corner to catch dust. Jungkook will love again. But for that he had to save the one that will be his.

"He did?" Jimin said surprised.

"Yes, and I'm not gonna show you. Now what could we have missed. did you ask around?"

"We did, but no one has seen them yet. Well some have seen Jinsang at the opening speech, but they haven't seen Youngsoo yet. I did hear a rumor that he had walked through the crowd once, but no one knew for sure they said it could also be his brother since they look alike."

"Well not really, Jinsang has long hair youngsoo is half shaved. they really don't look that much alike" jungkook mumbled, slightly annoyed that they still got no lead to wherever his taehyung might be. but now he began to wonder. what if taehyung really wasn't with Youngsoo. what if he was somewhere else. maybe behind one of the doors that were guarded. maybe he was just locked in somewhere here. Jungkook was thinking hard of the possibilities when he noticed a familiar voice. He looked up seeing Jinsang come out of a room and wave his hand, clearly annoyed by something and stomping off like he always did after an argument.

"hm" jungkook followed his ex, he might need to ask Jinsang for some help after all. he will get the ot6her to speak somehow, Jinsang knew more than he does, and if Jinsang still was that desperate jungkook might as well use it to his advantage this time. A payback for what Jinsang did to him years ago.

Jungkook was about to walk to the stairs and go after his ex when more people left that room, four black suited men who were obviously guards and then someone passed through them.....There he was. Jungkook froze in place the passing people going around him. He didn't care, his eyes finally caught onto the one he had been dying to find.... Taehyung. he stood behind two men who were obviously trying to hide him from the public eye there. They were waiting for something. And at that moment of waiting Taehyung turned his head around looking over the deck, and that's when they locked eyes.

Jungkooks heart skipped a beat seeing the glossy eyes of the hybrid basically begging him. Meanwhile, Taehyung couldn't feel happier right now. Jungkook was here, jungkook was actually here. Taehyung was beginning to lose hope. But now it might come back after all.... He looked at the raven moving closer to the railing sneaking past the two guards who were not paying much attention to him. He hesitated, but he had to, he had to let the other know...

"j-jungkook!" he shouted. Getting now also the attention of Jimin and Hoseok who stood below as well. He didn't get the chance to say more when he was yanked back and pulled away a hand covering his mouth preventing him from shouting.

It didn't go unnoticed by Jungkook who looked at his hybrid being dragged off quickly. Youngsoo shouting something at his guard while flicking the man's head and annoyance. The raven's body was boiling in anger. It was now or never. He was here on the ship, he was indeed with youngsoo now. Jungkook had to get him back, if it wont work now it will get harder later when they are back on land.

"Find him, don't let them escape our sight" Jungkook ordered Jimin, the other nodded and walked off followed by two of Jungkook's men who were disguised between the crowd.

---

thank you for reading, see you in the next chapter!

🌼🌼🌼