Part 19

*Author's Note*-Hello everyone! Enjoy the chapter, I'm keeping it quick today. :)

***Trigger Warning***(Torture)

Rumlow leads me down the hall and into a room with a familiar looking metal chair. I get flashbacks as I'm shoved into the chair and strapped down. I don't struggle, it's not worth it. I trust that Steve will get back and that they will find, and free me. I have to believe in them, because if I don't then there is no hope.

I hear a few orders being said and the next thing I know a shock goes through my body. It's a shock that I've experienced so many times before, yet is still just as painful, maybe more-so than before. I writhe in pain as I feel the eclectic current course through my body, through my veins. My vision starts to blur and my ears are ringing. The only sound I can make out is a screaming, maybe mine. I have no way of knowing anything as long as I'm trapped by this pain. I can feel tears run down my cheeks. Just as I fear I can feel the electricity reaching into my brain, searching for that long suppressed part of me, the part I keep hidden for a reason. I try to fight the pain, but only receive more pain in return. My vision blurs further and I can feel myself giving in. I can feel the electric current reaching a deeper source of my powers and unlocking it. I can feel my brain being taken over and numbed. Then nothing.

No pain.

No screams.

No thoughts.

Nothing.

-Natasha's POV-

"I've tracked her power signature to an abandoned warehouse in the woods, but the signature just disappeared a minute ago." Tony updates the whole team. We all pause to process what that means.

"Is...is she...?" I only manage to get out part of my question, the answer frightens me. Everyone is silent for a moment.

"I don't know. Maybe she just isn't using her powers right now. But I don't know exactly how they work. All we can do is hope, and follow the trail to that location." Tony instructs, attempting to boost morale, it works only slightly.

We are all in the quin jet, flying to the location where Vanessa's power frequency was last traced to. Tony is flying alongside Bruce. I sit next to Wanda, who I can tell is almost just as worried as me. On the other side in Vision. Bucky sits silently across us, staring at the floor. I can tell he's in pain.

When we are just a minute or so from the location Tony lands the jet.

"Tony what are you?" I start.

"Shhh. I sensed a person down here on the scanners, it could be her." Tony interrupts. We all stand up and exit the jet and enter the woods, Tony's suit leading the way with the light from the gauntlets. We all hear rustling from inside the woods and look in that direction.

"Vanessa?" I call out into the dark woods. No response. We hear some more rustling before a tall figure emerges from the woods. "Hello?" I ask again. The figure limps towards us and Tony shines the light at them. The light illuminates the man before us, bruised, beaten, cut, and barely staying on his feet, the man is no other than Steve Rogers. "Steve!" I yell, rushing to his side along with Bucky. We both take a shoulder and help him walk over to the quin jet. He's weak and traumatized. The state of him makes my heart ache.

We lay him down on the medical bed inside the quin jet that is usually occupied by Clint, but he is on a leave of absence to help his wife with their new baby Nathanael (named after me, might I add) Bruce goes up to Steve and starts examining him. Steve groans when Bruce shines a bright light in his eyes.

"What happened Rogers?" Tony asks. Steve takes a deep, painful looking breath.

"HYDRA." Steve manages.