Pt.21

*Author's Note*-Hey everyone! It's been a while. I completed Imprisoned so I have a break between that and the sequel to get some more of this story done. Please enjoy, but keep in mind that for this story Natash did take out the Red Room already. <3

*****

-Avenger's POV-

The Avengers all arrive in Madripoor and follow the provided coordinates to a downtown area. They all travel through the crowded city, weaving in and out of crowds of people.

"Keep your head down, this city is full of criminals with no moral compass," Natasha advises the group as they all emerge from an alleyway. Hawkeye jumps from rooftop to rooftop, watching for any higher threats as the team advances on the ground. Natasha leads the team through the city, down some streets in the direction of the shipping container yard.

"This place reminds me of Budapest all over again," Nat says through the coms.

"You and I remember Budapest very differently," Clint responds through the coms system as he lands on top of the next building. Everyone is wearing a disguise in an attempt not to be recognized. Natasha feels her thigh under her coat to find the comfort of the Glock in her thigh holster. Just in case.

Nat arrives at the shipping crate dock with Steve and Bucky first. Clint soon follows hopping to the ground. Tony, Wanda, and Vision follow soon after to not seem suspicious.

"Which crate is it?" Steve asks the group.

"72," Bruce answers over coms, he's standing nearby in the quinjet, ready for the extraction. The whole team splits up into groups of two as they search for crate number 72. As they walk around they notice that there is a strange silence in the area.

"Found it," Tony announces through the coms.

They all go to Tony's location as he summons his mark VIII glove to his hand. Everyone stands ready to attack at any moment. Tony pushes the crate's door open and steps inside slowly. But lowers his glove as he sees it's dark and empty.

"It's clear," Tony says, motioning for the rest to join him. "Clint, stay outside on watch," "FRIDAY, scan." Tony's AI scans the crate and beeps to indicate something was found.

"The back right corner is an opening sir," FRIDAY reports.

The team advances on said corner and Tony pushes the hidden door open to reveal a staircase. The whole team exchanges a glance before following Tony up the stairs.

Weapons raised, the team enters a hidden laboratory.

"What?" Tony says to himself. They all explore the lab to no avail. There's no one there and all the viles have been taken along with most of the equipment.

"Damn it!" Bucky yells before plunging his metal fist through the side of the shipping container, causing a very prominent noise to echo.

"Guys, is everything ok in there?" Clint asks through the coms.

"Yeah, well no, there's nothing here. But other than that, yes." Nat answers.

"Ok, well I suggest you get out of there. I can see some very angry-looking men coming our way, whatever that was, it was really loud."

"Yeah, you guys go, I'm gonna scan for any traces of anything." Tony dismisses everyone and they all file out of the shipping containers and head to Clint, who is calling in the jet.

"FRIDAY scan for any unusual particles or lingering energy forces." Tony orders. A bright blue beam scans the room before FRIDAY speaks to Tony.

"Sir, it appears that there are no spilled substances in the room, it has been thoroughly sanitized. However I did find traces of an energy force similar to Vanessa's, but this one is much more powerful." FRIDAY reports.