Chapter 21

Rogue's pov

We returned to my room after breakfast. I pulled out my suitcase from the wardrobe since we'd be leaving later on today. I unzipped it and left it open, going through the shirts I'd packed and putting them back in the suitcase. Starlight was sat on the bed with Frosch curled up in her lap. I watched her as she stroked her hand down his back. I pushed myself up and sat down on the bed next to her.
"Do you have anything important you want to get?" I ask, placing my hand on top of hers. She keeps her gaze focused on Frosch.
"I have clothes. Mostly just hoodies and jeans though" hair fell into her face as she spoke, hiding her eyes from me. I reached up, pulling some of the strands behind her ear. Her eyes shifted to look at me, crimson darkened by the shadows of her hair.
"Is something troubling you? You know you can talk to me" I said, placing one hand over her shoulder and pulling her close.
"I just........ I don't know what to do if I ever see them again" one hand gripped onto the fabric of her jeans which she had put back on this morning.
"Fairy tail?" she nods, lowering her head nearer her shoulders.
"I've been digging myself into a ditch for years and now... What would they think of me if they knew I was wanting to change for a guy I just met" she doesn't look at me. I sat down next to her. 
"Why does it matter what they think of you? If they judge you for your choice to better yourself then its them that's wrong. Not you" I object. She turns her head away.
"I don't know. Maybe I should just go back..." I take a hold of her jaw, pulling her to face me.
"You don't need to do something that won't make you happy. You can go back if you want but if it doesn't make you happy then would it convice you to stop?" she looked down towards Frosch, refusing to make eye contact. She didn't answer.
"Starlight" she looked up at me.
"I'm not making you stay with me. I want you to understand that. If you don't want to come with me to Sabertooth then that's perfectly fine" she breaks away from my grip, looking over at the wall.
"I do. I want to stay with you. But.... I don't know if its right" she wrapped her arms around herself.
"Sometimes what's right isn't always what we want. But that doesn't make it bad to want something" I place my hand on her shoulder. She hesitates for a moment then leans over into my shoulder.
"I guess you're right" she closes her eyes. I brush a few strands of hair out of her face.
"Now I need to finish packing up my things so mind if I get up?" she lifts her head, leaning back along the bed instead. I smile over at her before resuming what I had been doing.