Chapter 4

Rogue's pov

The walk back to the inn that Sabertooth was staying in was pretty easy. Despite Starlight having to apply most of her weight on me, it wasn't that much for someone of her height. The entire walk I could see just how much she was struggling to walk with the injury.
"When was the last time you took a job where you got seriously injured?" I asked. From her reaction, it couldn't be recent.
"I dunno. Phoenix doesn't........ want me going on jobs at the moment........ Says I'm too 'unstable'" she slurred, stopping to take heavy breaths a couple times during the sentence. That explained how she was so badly affected other than possibly the influence of alcohol and her actual weight. We reached the inn and I paused. I would have to use magic to get inside unless I wanted Master to find out that I'd brought a fairy back. I melded with the shadows and traveled up to my room. When we came out of the shadows, Starlight seemed confused. Frosch looked up happily.
"Rogue is back and Rogue brought a friend" Frosch cheered. I sat Starlight down on one of the chairs and put the bag on the bed. Frosch quickly started digging through the plastic and pulling out his small meal. I walked into the bathroom and checked for a first aid kit. When I didn't find one, I cursed under my breath. Who would have a first aid kit? Sting? Definitely not, he always relays on me for healing injuries. Orga? Nope. Similar to Sting but with Rufus. Wait, Rufus. He'll have one. I walked out of the room and over to Rufus' room. I knocked on the door and waited. Orga opened he door. He quickly got nervous.
"Rogue? What are you doing here?" he asked nervously.
"Is Rufus in here?" I asked even though I already knew the answer, I could smell Rufus' fresh scent. Rufus walked over to the door, his hair no longer tied back.
"What's wrong Rogue?" he asks. I caught Sting's scent coming down the hall, he was probably returning from the dinning room with Lector.
"I need a first aid kit. Do you have one?" I asked. He scanned over me with confused eyes.
"Yes but why do you need one?" he asked.
"Need what?" Sting asked, now standing next to me.
"Reasons" I grumble. Rufus disappears into his room for a couple minutes before returning to the door with a first aid kit. I take it from him and go back to my room. When I try to close the door, a foot stops it.
"Sting. What are you doing?" I ask.
"Why do you need a first aid kit?" he counters.
"Rogue's friend is sleeping. Sting should be sssh" Frosch chirps quietly.
"What!" I yell, completely forgetting about the 3 mages on the other side of the door and turning around. Starlight had fallen off the chair, laying flat on the ground. I run to the bathroom, filling a small tub that I had with water while also grabbing a cloth. I knelled down next to Starlight, rolling her onto her back and untying my cape from around the wound.
"What did you do?" Orga asks, now in my room.
"I didn't do anything" I grumbled, dipping the cloth in the tub to soak it. Once it was soaked, I gently rubbed the raw wound. The cloth quickly soaked up the blood. I cursed under my breath. Rufus knelled with me, placing one hand over her wound and closing his eyes. The blood flow began to slow until it stopped altogether.
"What did you do?" I asked.
"I simply used an old time spell to speed up the blood clotting" he explained. I cleaned up the rest of the blood after dipping the cloth in the tub again. Once i had cleaned it, I disinfected the wound then wrapped it in bandages. Starlight was still unconscious but at least I know she won't die from blood loss.