Chapter 2

Starlight's pov

The day's events for the grand magic games were long done and I was honestly glad. Everyone else in the guild and all other guilds had already left the stadium so I was alone. Not like I cared. No Gajeel, Lily or Phoenix to nag me. I pulled a flask out of my hoodie pocket, unscrewing the lid and drinking the contents inside. I'd refilled it like 10 times today. Something tackled into my side, making me drop my flask, the contents inside spilling onto the concrete floor. I stared at the flask that sat on the ground. Second time this week. Second time that I was robbed off my alcohol. I looked at what tackled me. A small green exceed in a pink frog costume was hugging part of my waist, shaking slightly.
"What do you want?" I grumbled, prepared to push the small creature away and find somewhere to get more alcohol. It looked up at me with big, round eyes that were brimmed with tears.
"Fro is lost" it said in a high pitched voice.
"And? Why should I care?" I growled.
"Fro remembers seeing miss earlier" the Exceed responded. I groaned. The guy from the streets. I stuffed my hand in my pocket, pulling out the small plastic bag I kept in there. I picked out one and was about to drop it in my mouth.
"Hey" I dropped the pill which landed on the ground in the puddle of alcohol and started to have a reaction, fizzing and bubbling. I looked at who had interrupted me, praying it wasn't Gajeel. The guy from yesterday.
"Oh. Its you" I stated dryly.
"That's my partner" he states, looking upset that the small creature was still clinging on to me. It turned to look at him, eyes brightening as it summoned wings and flew over to the guy.
"Take it. I'm not complaining" I grumbled, staring back at the pill that was fizzling into nothing.
"Where are your friends?" he asked.
"I dunno. A pub or somethin" I slurred. I couldn't be bothered with this guy. This was the second time he'd shown up and it annoyed me. I was hoping he'd leave me alone after that answer but I felt the slight vibration as he sat on the seat next to me. I looked at him from the corner of my eye. He was twitching his nose slightly. I sighed in anger, taking another pill and successfully dropping it in my mouth and swallowing it. I reached my hand up to the side of my neck and scratched.
"Ummm...... Are you alright?" he asked. I looked at him again.
"What?" I asked, lip raised slightly. His eyes were looking between the plastic bag in my hand and me. I sealed the bag and shoved it back in my hoodie pocket.
"Did Gajeel get to you alright?" he asked. I turned to him, face falling into an angry expression.
"Yeah. Thanks a lot. He wouldn't get off my ass for hours" I growled, turning away from him. I heard footsteps but choose to ignore them and didn't even bother sniffing the air. I knew who it was.
"Starlight" an all too familiar voice spoke from behind. I lifted up my hand and flipped him off. He stepped into the edge of my vision.
"I'm here to bring ya to the Inn. Don't trust ya not to go sneaking around again" he grumbled, arms crossed.
"Can't make me go anywhere" I grumbled. He ignored me and instead looked at the guy next to me.
"What is a saberprick doing here?" he spat at the guy.
"First, my name is Rogue. Second I'm here because my partner decided to come to your girlfriend because he was lost" Rogue defended.
"Starlight ain't my girlfriend. She's my sister and I don't know if I like the idea of you getting involved with our family issues" Gajeel growled.
"Well, I think your sister would have been out on the street a lot longer than she was this morning and have her ass beat by a bunch of drug addicts or gang members if I hadn't picked her up and brought her back to your Inn" Rogue snapped in response.
"We're leaving" Gajeel ordered, grabbing my wrist and pulling me to my feet. I snapped my wrist away.
"You can't tell me what to do" I growled.
"Starlight. You're drunk" Gajeel snapped.
"Says who?" I challenged.
"I can smell the booze on you. How many have you had. 5? 6?" he demanded.
"Shut up. I don't need to answer to you" I snarled.
"As your big brother. Yes you do" he snapped.
"I can make my own choices"
"Your own choices involve drinking. I wouldn't call that responsible" he countered.
"I'm done. I don't need this" I snapped, storming off.