Chapter 13

No one's pov

Gajeel stood in front of the collapsed shadow dragon slayer, panting heavily. A dark shadow that slithered from the slayer's body chuckled as it left the pair alone.
"Please don't hurt him" a high pitched voice begged. The iron slayer looked down. Frosch was standing in front of his partner, arms spread out wide in hopes of protecting his hurt partner.
"I'm not gonna do anything more. The battle's over" the iron slayer assured the small Exceed. He looked at the taller man with a confused look before looking behind him at the sound of his partner waking up. Rogue tried to get up but couldn't, every muscle in his body screaming against it.
"I......I lost" he mutters. The iron slayer stares at the other slayer.
"No.... I can't loose. I need to keep fighting" the dragon slayer objects, still trying to get up. Gajeel walked over and pushed Rogue's head down to the ground. Rogue places his gaze on his former idol.
"Your done. You can't keep fighting even if you want to. Its a surprise your even awake with how many hits you took" Gajeel tells him.
"I can't.....I can't loose. I...... She'll be killed. I can't...."
"Who will be killed if you loose because last I checked, the only person who's been close to being killed was the cat girl that your guild mate had" he states.
"S-Starlight" Rogue replies, taking a deep inhale.
"What?" the iron slayer asks. Rogue opens his mouth to respond but instead closes it again, scrunching up his face in pain. Gajeel grabs the collar of his shirt.
"Where is she?!" he demands. Once again Rogue goes to respond but is cut of my a pained whimper. The iron slayer lets go of him, leaving the shadow slayer to curl in on himself as best he could with arms around his stomach.
"Rogue?" Frosch whimpers, shaking his partner's arm to try and get a response.
"Is the pain that bad?" Gajeel asks. Rogue tries to say something
"S-" he's cut off with a groan of pain, wrapping his arms tighter around where the pain was radiating. He was starting to shake. Gajeel looks at the Exceed.
"Does he always do this?" he asks with clear confusion in his voice. Frosch shakes his head, tears in his eyes as he tried to cuddle close to Rogue in an attempt to ease the pain.
"Is it a stomach ache? I don't know how to deal with this kind of stuff" Gajeel asks the other dragon slayer. This time his response is a scream, entire body shaking like he was being electrocuted or something but there was nothing. No attack or anything of the sort.
"Oi. Kid. What the hell is wrong?!" Gajeel demands, placing a hand on his trembling shoulder. The only response is still just screams. The audience is just as baffled as Gajeel. All of them look between each other with confusion and concern for the dragon slayer.
"Bickslow. Can you see what's going on?" Freed asks, turning to his masked friend. Bickslow removes his visor and looks at the monitor.
"I'd say its some sort of body link magic" he replies. Levy pulls out a book and starts flipping through the pages.
"What kind of body link magic" Mavis asks, still looking at the monitor.
"I don't know. It looks like its connected to his soul in some way" he explains.
"Soul link magic" Mavis concludes.
"I've never heard of that type of magic before?" Lisanna points out.
"Its not commonly used by wizards. Its most associated with dragons. Its their way of claiming their partner. It seems that it also applies to dragon slayers in the same way" the first master explains.
"I found something" Levy calls out. Everyone turns to her.
"Soul link magic. Its a method that connects the souls of two individuals together through certain methods" she reads aloud before skimming down the page.
"According to this, the most pain you're supposed to feel from the other is a small tingle in the area that's been hurt. Not full blown pain like this" She quickly adds. Everyone looks at Bickslow.
"Its definitely coming from that link" Bickslow confirms.
"But there's no one on the battlefield being hurt like that. So where could this person possibly be" Evergreen points out. Around that time Erza finally beats Minerva, standing proud in the rubble of their Battlefield. Minerva skids across the ground, hitting a rock. Any use of her magic faltered, leaving anyone who remained in her grasp to be released. Starlight appeared on the ground, passed out and sparking with small bits of electricity. At this exact moment, Rogue passed out. Questions of who the new person on the battlefield quickly arose. Of course no one could see her face so it wasn't a simple task but the moment the mark on her shoulder had been spotted, it was affirmed that this was a Fairy tail member that had been held hostage. It was also easy for everyone in Fairy tail to realize that the only person it could be was Starlight who had gone missing since the evening of the second day. With that mystery out of the way, there was only one thing left. For Fairy tail to win the games.