Chapter 16

Starlight's pov

I stepped back until I could no longer keep my footing on the dragon we were stood on. I slipped backwards and bean falling. I heard the other Rogue cry out my name but I didn't respond. My hair whipped into my face as I began falling. I had no idea what this would accomplish but if it somehow stopped all of this then it was worth it. Not like I'd be missed anyway. I closed my eyes to stop the tears. I was scared. Scared of death. Just like always. I was always too scared to take my life and this was no different. But there was no going back now. I'd hit the ground and most likely be dead on impact. I heard footsteps a little off in the distance but ignored them. When I picked up on a new scent that I definetly recognised, I opened my eyes. Someone brushed against the skin of my hand, clutching onto it before everything went black. When I came back around, I was on the ground. I turned to look just as my shoulders were grabbed.
"What were you thinking. You could have been seriously hurt or worse" Rogue scolded me. The real Rogue. I pulled him into a hug.
"Starlight?" he asked, his arms slack. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. They slipped down my cheeks. I sniffed, hugging him tighter. I felt him lean into me, one hand rubbing up my back and the other on my head.
"It's alright. Your safe now" he whispered to me. I nodded into his shoulder, taking in his scent. It was so soothing. I heard a dragon Roar and pulled my head back, looking back up at the sky. Another dragon was fighting in the sky.
"Come with me. You'll be safer with Sting and I" he told me, standing and offering me his hand. I took it, letting him pull me to my feet.
"Don't let go of my hand" he tells me. I nod as he starts leading the way through the rubble. It was quiet for a while until I finally spoke up.
"Rogue" he turns to me.
"T-thanks. For saving me" I mumble. His hand tightens around mine.
"I wasn't just going to let you fall" he assures me. I blink and feel fresh tears building up. He notices.
"Don't cry" I shake my head at him, rubbing my eyes.
"They aren't bad. I just- didn't think someone would want to save me" I explained, sniffling slightly. He leans forward and let's our foreheads touch, eyes meeting.
"Well then I'll keep you safe for as long as you need protecting" he assured me. I hugged him again.
"Thanks. Your- Your amazing. I don't think I've known anyone as kind and thoughtful as you" I tell him. His free hand wraps around my back.
"When all this is over how ab-"
"Rogue look out" I yell, pulling him down to the ground just as one of those small dragons fires a beam. It runs forward and leaps. I change my arm and get in the way, letting it bite my iron, even if it still hurts. It's teeth sink in deeper and I loose control of my magic, the transformation fading and leaving the dragon's teeth to sink into my skin. I cry out in pain. The dragon is ripped off my arm by Rogue, shadows surrounding him in a dark aura. He turns to me and looks at my arm. It hurts a lot and its bleeding pretty bad. Rogue starts unwrapping one of the bandages on his arm.
"What are you doing?" I ask. He doesn't answer, pulling off the bandage and begins wrapping my arm.
"It's not the best but it's all I've got" he explains, tying the bandage in a small bow around the bite.
"What about you?" I ask. He shakes his head.
"The blood will have clotted by now. Let's keep moving so we don't get attacked again" he explains. I give a small nod, letting him take my arm and lead the way.