Chapter 17

Rogue's pov

It was over. The dragons were fading. We'd won.
"Yes. Those dragons are gone" Sting cheered. I knew he was annoyed that we couldn't beat the dragons but at least it was all over. I turned to Starlight who was clutching the arm she was bit on. Sting ran over.
"Hey Redfox" he cheers, slinging his arm over her shoulders. She turns to him.
"Why don't you join Sabertooth? Unless you want to stay in Fairy tail" he explains.
"Her name's Starlight" I tell Sting.
"Well I didn't know that" he points out before turning to her. Starlight looked down at her feet.
"You want someone like me in your Guild?" she asks in a whisper. Sting blinks. Then laughs. I look at him with a glare.
"Why would you say something like that?" he asks, getting close to Starlight. I swallowed the growl rising in my throat. Starlight turned away, scratching her neck.
"I'm not strong. Just cause I have strong magic doesn't mean I'm any good. All I can really do is hard to control transformations and my swings aren't that strong" she Mumbles, looking down at her feet.
"Well then we could teach you. We're dragon slayers too so we could train you. Rogue knows a ton about Gajeel so he probably has a lot of useful information" Sting explains, a wide smile on his face.
"Sting-" I start but then start to think. He has a point. She hasn't been training in Fairy tail so maybe a change might help. Sting turns to me.
"That's actually a pretty decent idea" I point out, crossing my arms. Starlight looks at me before breaking her gaze to look down and fiddle with her hair. I walk over and sit on her other side.
"You don't have to decide right now. You can think-"
"Alright. Maybe being around other people will be good for me" she Mumbles. Sting is on his feet quickly.
"Yes. First new member as a guild master" he yells happily, dancing about. I sigh.
"You are such a child" I point out. He stops and looks at me with a pout.
"No fair Rogue. You don't have to be so mean" he whines. I roll my eyes, turning to Starlight who's fiddling with the sleeve of my shirt.
"We'll help you train you and before you know it, you'll be a strong dragon slayer just like the rest of us" I assure her. She leans closer to me.
"Thanks Rogue" she whispers, eyes meeting mine. I smile.
"It's fine. I just want to help" I reply.