Chapter 14

Starlight's pov

I looked around, scratching at my neck. I had no idea where I was. I couldn't recognize anything due to how destroyed everything was. A roar in the distance caught my attention. I turned in the direction, seeing a bright blaze of fire further over. I stepped back, bumping into something. I turned in panic but just noticed a wall. I could hear laughing. I needed a drink or some Strikite. That'll help. I reach towards my hoodie pocket before remembering that I wasn't wearing it. I was wearing Rogue's shirt and a pair of sleep shorts. He had given me his cloak but that was it. Nothing I was wearing had pockets and definitely no drinks or Strikite. I gripped onto the cloak, hands shaking. The laughing was louder. I fell to my knees, shaking. I didn't know what to do. Some rocks fell to the ground. I looked in the direction they had come from.
"H-hello?" I called, trying to make my body smaller. I saw something jump up and dread set in. It was a small dragon. I knew that it wasn't friendly. It was one of the dragons that had been talked about by the others. I stumbled onto my feet but the dragon spotted me. It leapt down and bit down at my ankle, teeth sinking in. I cried out, turning my hand into a sword and striking its head. It let go of my leg, shaking its head to clear the blood. I fell to the floor, my ankle throbbing from the bite mark. The dragon called out before leaping at me again. My arm was still changed so I used it to block the attack, letting the dragon sink its teeth into my transformed arm. It shook its head while clutching my arm. While this dragon tried to bite throw my metal, I heard noise behind me. An attack was charging. I turned to look. 3 more dragons were behind me and charging breath attacks. I wouldn't be able to dodge in time. They fired. The beams headed towards me and I felt all three of them hit their target. Everything was black. Then suddenly I was standing again, staring at the dragon up there. It jumped at me again and dug its teeth into my ankle. I attacked it and stumbled back.
"What happened?" I asked. I could hear the other three dragons approaching. I turned only to see shadows swarming around the three dragons. The first dragon leapt at me and I was about to swing at it again but it was hit back with shadows, collapsing to the ground.
"Ro-" I stopped. Something wasn't right. His scent was different. A man emerged from the shadows. This wasn't Rogue. He walked forward, a hand placed on the side of my face. I freeze up.
"Don't worry my Queen. You're safe with me" he whispers but it doesn't feel comforting. I push his hand away with my normal hand.
"Who are you? Where's Rogue?" I ask. He says nothing, instead taking my arm and tapping against the beginning of the transformation. It slowly starts to disappear.
"Its been so long since I got to see your face, especially like this. I forgot how much of a mess you were at this point" he sighs, hand back on my cheek.
"I-" "Its fine. No harm will ever come to you again" he adds, taking a hold of my shoulder. Shadows swirl around us and everything is black.