Chapter 7

Starlight's pov

I woke up to a pretty aggressive headache that was thumping the inside of skull. I squinted my eyes at the slithers of light shining down on me. I sat up, rubbing my eyes to try and at least help deal with the bright light shining in my face that only worsened my headache. When that didn't work, I just gave up trying to calm the pounding and instead looked around the where I was. An alley.
"Must have passed out on my way back from the bar" I mumbled, lifting my hand up to scratch at my neck. I pulled it back when I felt something wet against my fingers. I looked at what was on my dampening my fingers. Saliva. I furrowed my studded brows. A groan from beside me caught my attention and I looked. Rogue, if I'm getting his name right was leaning on his elbows, eyes half closed. I looked around the area we were in. Clothes were haphazardly thrown around the place, quickly disposed off during the night.
"Oh shit" I mumbled. Rogue caught this and turned to look at me. The eye that I could see widened when he looked at me.
"I'm sorry..... I didn't mean to" he apologized, shaking his head slightly.
"Do what?" I asked. He reached up to the side of his neck, tapping against the exposed skin. I reached up to mine, only feeling the saliva again.
"I bit you. Y-you've been marked" he stated like that was a normal thing.
"Marked. What does that even mean?" I give him a confused look.
"Aren't you a dragon slayer?" he questions.
"Kind of" I reply.
"Shouldn't you know about dragon customs then?" he asks, looking almost as confused as I did. I take hold of my bra, pulling it over to me and clipping it on.
"I wasn't taught by a dragon per say" I state, looking down. He blinked at me while I turned my gaze to the floor.
"I technically taught myself since Metalicana never bothered to teach. He only bothered with Gajeel" I mumbled, slipping my top on over my head. Rogue pulled his own shirt, rubbing at his cheek with his arm.
"What about Gajeel?" he asked.
"Gajeel's...... Well he's not any better. I'd argue he's worse. Doesn't care about me no matter how many times he argues differently. If he truly cared then he wouldn't have left me alone like he did" I stated, pulling on my underwear and trousers.
"What!" Rogue yelled only to cringe, rubbing his fingers against his temples.
"Might not want to be too loud. You'll make that headache worse" I stated, pulling on my hoodie and gripping onto the neck.
"Alright but can you explain the whole leaving thing?" he asks, quirking an eyebrow.
"What is there to say? He left me alone" I state.
"Any reason why?"
"Yeah. Because he couldn't be bothered taking care of his little sister so instead he leaves me to take care of myself on the street with no way of communicating with people other than yes, no and my own name. Hell, I barely knew how to pronounce his name" I ranted, shoving my hands in my pockets.
"What age were you?" he asked.
"7 roughly. And before you ask. I was about 2 when Metalicana picked us up. I didn't know how to talk properly then and no one taught me how until I got a few lessons from this teacher that taught in the local primary school which was very underpopulated might I add" I explain, running one hand through my hair and pulling my legs up to my chest. Rogue pulls himself closer to me, placing an arm over my shoulders.
"I don't understand how people can like him. He hurt me and claims that he didn't but I have the scars to prove it. He used his magic on me once because I wanted to go with him to wherever he was going and then when I was bleeding and crying in pain from what he did, he just walked away like he couldn't have nearly killed me" I mumbled, feeling the tears in my eyes. He looked shocked. I lift up my hoodie and top slightly to show the long scar that ran across the lower part of my stomach, some small juts at one end due to the sharp spikes that had cut into the skin as well as the point.
"Gajeel did that?" he asked in shock. I nodded, looking down.
"I don't even know why I'm telling you this. No one ever believes me" I sigh, pulling my knees up to my chest again.
"I believe you" I lift my head and turn to him.
"What?" I ask, unsure if I heard him right.
"I believe you" he repeats. My jaw is left open in utter shock. Someone actually believed me and didn't think I was lying. Rogue believed me. He didn't jump to defend Gajeel. Say that I was just imagining what happened or that I was mistaking Gajeel for someone else.
"T-thank you" I mumbled, feeling my eyes briming with more tears. Rogue wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to his chest. I blinked.
"W-what are you doing?" I ask.
"Hugging you" he replies. I relax into him.
"Its nice" I whisper, taking in his scent.
"Starlight" he says. I make a small noise to let him know I heard.
"You don't have to be with just because you were marked. It will only keep other dragons and dragon slayers away. Everyone else will just see it as a tattoo" he explained.
"What does it look like?" I ask.
"Just a small shadow dragon on the side of your neck. Nothing major" he describes.
"Sounds nice" I mumble, accepting the warmth of being in the embrace of someone else. I couldn't remember the last time someone had shown me affection, whether it be platonic or romantic. It was nice to have someone who cared for once.