Chapter 2

Melina's pov- 

    I was awoken again shortly after I had fallen back asleep, by my phone going off. I groaned and snatched my phone up.

 " What?" I snapped into my phone.

 " Someone's cranky." Maddox teased.

 " Sorry, didn't know it was you. What's up?" I asked sleepily into the phone. 

 " Come outside." he said.

 " You're here?" I asked, quietly getting up careful not to wake Max. 

 I had fallen asleep in my clothes from the day, so I didn't have to change. When I got downstairs I slipped my shoes on and slipped out the door. Maddox was leaning against his jeep, waiting for me.

 " What're you doing here?" I asked.

 " Couldn't sleep, get in." he said, opening the door for me. I hopped in and he closed my door. He walked around the car and hopped into the driver's seat. We took off into the dark streets, that were barely illuminated by the weak street lights. 

 The thought of telling him about what had happened a few hours ago crossed my mind but I decided to wait until the others were here. I wanted to everyone together. 

 " Where are we going?" I asked, watching the houses go by in a blur.

 " Carson beach." I smiled at his answer, I love that beach. We finally arrived at the beach and we decided to stay in the car and watch the waves from a distance. We talked about old times, when we were younger and all the stupid shit we did. 

 Like the time our middle school principle decided to get a little too handsy with Maddox so we beat the shit out of his car and slashed his tires. We also spray painted " CHILD MOLESTER" on his office door in big bold letters. They couldn't get the paint off so they had to replace the door.

 We stayed at the beach for a while before heading back. I rolled my window down and let the cold air devour my senses. The wind ran it's icy fingers through my hair as I leaned back in my seat and let out a breath.

 Maddox turned the radio up when his favorite song came on, " Gone, Gone, Gone - by Phillip Phillips." 

 He stared yelling along to the lyrics and I soon joined in. We drove along the empty roads with the wind blowing our hair everywhere and caressing our skin, leaving a trail of goose bumps in it's path. 

 I closed my eyes and let the warm and comforting feeling engulf me. This was definitely a core memory.

 We finally arrived back at Katelynn and Jame's place and I hopped out. Maddox waited until I was safe in the house to drive off. I kicked off my shoes and crept back upstairs. I slipped back into bed and fell into a dreamless sleep.

 I woke up the next morning, feeling uncertain about how today was going to go. I looked over and saw Max was still asleep, I got up and tried to be as quiet as possible. I grabbed an empty backpack and made my way to the bathroom. I started packing up some clothes and some other necessities. I put on one of Max's shirts and a pair of jeans, and a pair of black boots. I rolled up my sleeves to make sure the black veins had disappeared and thankfully they had.                                                                   

                                                                                    Melina's outfit-