Chapter 10

Melina's pov-

I stayed awake the rest of the night to make sure Theo didn't have another nightmare. I knew he felt guilty about last night but I don't blame him for what happened, I know he wasn't in control of his actions.

Theo was still asleep and I decided to finally do a background check on my brothers. I sat up slightly, Theo whined when I moved and wrapped his arms around my waist. I started scouring the web trying to find information on them. Holy shit, they're The Storm family, the head of the American Mafia. Fuck, I don't know how I didn't figure it out sooner, I need to tell Max, if they're apart of the mafia then there's a good chance they're going to be able to uncover our secrets.

My alarm went off an hour ago, but I decided to skip the first period and let Theo sleep and I needed time to process the information I had just learned. I told the guys to go ahead and go to school, I knew Theo wasn't going to want to be around a lot of people after last night.

" Melly?" Theo whispered out in a hoarse voice.

" Yeah?"

" What time is it?"

" 8:30."

" Why didn't you wake me? We missed first period."

" Because you needed to sleep."

" But you already missed school yesterday because of me, you can't keep skipping."

I laughed lightly, " Theo, I think you and I both know that school isn't going to teach me anything I don't already know." I said with a hint of amusement.

" I know but I don't want you to get into trouble because of me." he said with a hint of guilt evident in his voice.

" Don't worry about me Theo, my main priority right now is you and your wellbeing." I said in a soft yet firm tone, letting him know I was serious.

Theo picked his head up off my stomach and looked up at me, his eyes widened and he gasped as he got a good look at my face. I knew I probably had two black eyes and a jacked up nose, not to mention the deep cut on my lip.

" Oh my god." he whispered.

" Hey hey hey, it's okay, it was an accident." I said trying to calm him down before he got all worked up and had a panic attack.

His eyes filled with unshed tears as he looked at my slightly battered face, his breathing started to pick up.

" Theo, I need you to calm down, okay? Take some deep breaths for me."

Theo and I started taking some deep breaths together, " Good job, in and out, in and out." I instructed.

I could feel him shaking, I knew this was probably giving him flashbacks to his childhood, I knew he was on the verge of a panic attack.

" So what do you want to do today?" I asked in attempts to distract him.

" I want to go to school."

" Are you sure Theo, I don't think it's the best idea for you to be around a large group of people today."

" I'm sure."

" Okay." I sighed, I was worried about Theo being around so many people, especially when he was in such a delicate state.

Theo and I stayed snuggled up for a few more minutes before we got up and started getting ready for school. I decided to take a shower while Theo got dressed, when I got out of the shower I stopped to take a look in the mirror. Jesus, I look like shit, my nose was bruised and had a cut on it, I had two swollen dark purplish,black circles underneath both of my eyes, and a deep, bloody cut on the right side of my lower lip.