Chapter 27

Melina's pov-

Ugh, why is it so fucking bright in here.

" Melina?" I slowly opened my eyes and saw Enzo sitting next to me with my hand in his.

" Hey." I said as I sat up, he was quick to push me back down, " Lay down." he said firmly.

" Oh fuck off." I said as I pushed his hand away and sat up.

" Someone's in a friendly mood." I heard someone with a Russian accent say, I looked up and saw Isacc.

" Your dad is a little bitch." I said.

" I know." he agreed with a laugh.

" Where's Max?" I asked, looking around the room.

" He's with River."

" Is he okay?" I asked frantically.

" Relax, he's okay." Enzo assured me.

" Where is everyone?" I asked, noticing it was only Enzo and Isacc in the room.

" Some of them are still in the waiting room and the others are torturing Alexi at our warehouse." Enzo explained.

" What room is River in?" I asked as I started to get up.

" No, absolutely not, sit your ass back down." Isacc ordered as he went to guide me back down onto the bed.

" Touch me again and I'll cut your hands off." I threatened him coldly.

" Okay, okay, I'm sorry." he said as he held his hands up in surrender.

" What.room.is.he.in?" I asked again, losing my temper.

" 224." Enzo answered.

I hopped off of the bed and took a minute to gain my balance, " You okay? Maybe we should get a wheelchair or something." Isacc suggested.

" I'm fine but thank you." I said as I started walking to River's room.

When I finally reached his room I gently knocked on the door, I heard Max say come in and I slowly pushed the door open.

" Nina!" River said excitedly as he hopped off the exam table and ran over to me, he hugged my legs tightly. I couldn't help but wince harshly at the pressure he was applying to my cuts.

Max was quick to gently pull River back by his shoulder, " Careful buddy, we need to be gentle with Nina." he said in a warm voice.

River whimpered and pulled away from Max and gripped my legs again, " It's okay Max, I'm fine." I said as I smiled down at River.

" You okay buddy?" I asked as I sat down in a chair and placed him in my lap.

" Yeah." he whispered as he snuggled his head into my chest and he wrapped his arms around me.

" You were such a brave buddy and I am so proud of you, okay?" I said as I gently played with his hair as I hugged him tightly.

" I love you Nina." he whispered into my chest.

" I love you too."

Max came and sat down next to me and he pulled me into his side as he buried his face in my hair.

" Te amo mucho y lo siento muchísimo." - " I love you so much and I am so so so fucking sorry." he mumbled into my hair.

" Detente, no es tu culpa y yo también te amo." - " Stop, it is not your fault and I love you too." I said as I wrapped my left arm around his waist.

" Quiero que me lleves con Alexi." - " I want you to take me to Alexi." I said firmly as I started to stand up.

" No, not while you're still hurt," he said sternly.