Chapter 4

Melina's pov-  

 I was laying there caught up in my thoughts when I noticed Max stirring. He was clenching his fists, and digging his nails into his palms, and his eyes were tightly shut. He was squirming around on the bed, occasionally whimpering. 

 I quickly got up and crawled over to him, I pulled him into my arms and tried to calm him down.

 " Max, wake up. You're okay, you're safe." I said in a calm and soothing voice, trying to pull him out of his nightmare. If it were anyone else I would just shake them awake, unfortunately when it comes to Max and I that can be dangerous. Sometimes when we're woken up we can still be in a flash back and not be able to tell the past from the present. 

 I was slowly rubbing circles on his back and calmly willing him to wake up. After a few minutes he started to calm down and his eyes slowly started to flutter open.

 " Mels?" his voice breaking when he called out for me. 

 I looked down at his face and noticed there were tears streaming down his face.

" Are you okay Max?" I asked, already knowing the answer, I knew he wasn't okay, neither one of us had been okay in a very long time.

" Yeah, it was just a nightmare." He said while taking deep breaths and trying to calm down. 

He wrapped his arms tightly around me and laid his head on my stomach. We laid there for a few minutes, Max still had tears rolling down his face. " Do you want to talk about it?" I asked keeping my voice in a soft tone. 

 " I had a flash back, from when we were first experimented on." he said in a thick voice. 

I reached over and grabbed a bottle of water from the bed side table and handed it to him. He took a few sips and then looked at me, I couldn't stand seeing my twin so broken. 

" At least we're not there anymore, and we're never going back. I know there's not much I can say to ease your mind, all I can really do is remind you that we survived, we got out, and we are never going back." I said in a comforting yet firm voice. 

 " I know, it just hurts to think about." He said, teary eyed.

" I know, but it'll get better. One day it won't hurt as much and it'll be nothing but a distant memory." I said, trying my best to comfort him. 

 We just laid there for a while, Max was still holding me, and still had his head laying on my stomach. I played with his hair for a little while, he loves when people play with his hair, he finds it very relaxing and it always helps calm him down after having a nightmare. 

 I looked at the clock and noticed it was around 4:30 a.m., I knew neither one of us would be getting any more sleep tonight. We decided to get up and go for a run, we both got changed into workout clothes and made our way downstairs. 

                                                                                 Their outfits-