Chapter 14

Melina's pov-

I describe to you the amount of pain I feel right now, I hate losoro with a fucking passion, I feel like my body is on fire. I stumbled out of bed and made my way to the bathroom, I turned on the cold water and got in. I didn't care that my clothes were still on, I just needed to do something to help ease the pain, the cold didn't completely numb the pain but it definitely helped.

There was a light knock at the door, " Melly can I come in? I need to grab my toothbrush." I heard Max ask.

" Yeah." I said in the loudest voice I could, which was nothing more than a whisper.

" Okay, you aren't responding but the door's open so I'm just gonna come in anyway." he said, he clearly hadn't heard me.

He walked in and saw me sitting on the shower floor fully dressed, he ran over to me and got into the shower, he crouched down in front of me.

" What's wrong?" he asked while looking me over trying to figure out what was wrong.

" Fucking losoro." I whispered.

" I'm sorry Melly, I wish there was something I could do." he said while pulling me into a hug.

" Everything hurts."

" I know Mels, I know."

" I'll tell the others you're sick," he said.

" Thank you."

" Do you want me to stay with you today?" he asked.

" No, it's okay. I'm probably going to sleep the whole day anyway." he nodded, I held my hand out and he took it. He helped me out of the shower and carried me to my closet. He went and found a pair of black sweatpants and a dark green tank top. He left the room so I could change, once I was finished changing he came back in, he picked me up and carried me to my bed.

" Are you sure you want me to go?" he asked, I knew he didn't want to leave me.

" I'm sure, but thank you." he nodded and gave me a gentle hug.

" Love you Mels, I'll see you after school."

" Love you too."

He stood there and stared at me for a moment. I knew he didn't want to leave me but to be honest I could really use some time alone. He slowly made his way to my door, he turned and shot me a smile and then made his way downstairs.

I let out a shaky breath, there was poison flowing through my veins and it was taking a toll on me, everything hurt, I felt exhausted, and my wounds weren't helping . I closed my eyes, my body was shaking, and I couldn't help but think fuck losoro, this shit sucks.

I decided to get out of bed and distract myself, I went out onto my balcony, I looked out at the breathtaking view of the forest. The dark green trees, the woodsy smell, I could see a mother deer laying by the lake with her two babies.

I went back into my room and grabbed a sketch pad and pencil, I went back out into the balcony and started sketching out the scene in front of me. I stayed out there for a few hours, enjoying the silence and fresh air. It was November so it was pretty cold outside. I've always loved the cold.

I laid back on the cold stone floor, the cold was somewhat soothing, it dulled the burning sensation in my body. I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds of nature, I could hear birds chirping, the sound of the trees blowing and rustling with the wind, there was a relaxing breeze flowing through the air. I can slowly feel myself losing consciousness, I let myself fall into the darkness.