Chapter 19 - Nightmares

Shouto's POV:

"Shouto..." I registered a very faint whisper, like an echo coming from far away, "Shouto..." it kept repeating but the voice seemingly belonged to no one. It was distant and emotionless. 

"Come here..." It echoed as I looked around me, spinning slowly around myself. It came from nowhere and from everywhere. 

"I can't." I said as a faint wind blew past me, messing up my hair slightly, "I don't know how." I confessed with a sigh before turning my head, seeing that someone was suddenly here. Jirou.

"He's here." She said, her ears back and teeth gritted.  I looked at her with a puzzled expression, who is she talking about, and where is here? Everything around us is white. 

"Shouto..." The strange voice echoed, but Jirou didn't seem to hear it as she took a step back. 

"Shouto behind you─!" Jirou's eyes suddenly widened as she reached out to grab me and pull me away, but I was suddenly knocked to the floor with a loud thud, all the air leaving my lungs on impact. 

I looked up to see Dabi on top of me, forcefully keeping me pinned to the floor. His black fur had spiked up a little and his turquoise eyes glared fiercely down at me. I realized I had transformed into my cat form at some point too, but I had no memory of doing so. 

"Dabi..." I hissed up at him and struggled to break free but he was a lot stronger than he seemed.

"Run..!" The voice coaxed but I shut it out as Dabi spoke up. 

"Poor little Shouto Todoroki..." He mused as he leaned down a little closer, "I'll take everything from you~" He mused as his gaze averted up, looking at something behind me, "I guess I'll start with them.". 

I quickly followed his gaze to see that Jirou wasn't alone anymore, every district leader was there beside her. They were all speaking at the same time, speaking over each other but I only saw the lips move, no sound reached me. 

"Get out of here..." The voice insisted as I suddenly found myself able to move. I quickly got up and swung a sharp claw in Dabi's direction, but there was no one there. I blinked a few times in confusion as I looked back at the others. They were still there, all gazing worriedly at me. 

"Where did he go?" I asked them and transformed into human form while looking around me as I walked up to them. Iida was saying something, but even though I got closer I still couldn't hear them. 

"I can't hear you─" I said as Shinsou placed a hand on my shoulder, lips also moving but this time slower than the others. He was trying to tell me something. 

"up..?" I guessed as everyone smiled a little in relief, but only shortly. Shinsou kept repeating the same words, "wake.." I muttered as he nodded and stopped talking, clenching my shoulder a little harder. 

"Shouto... Shouto..!" The distant voice suddenly got louder, "Shouto..!", the echo seemed to shake our white world a little as everyone looked around them with concern, ears down and tails between their legs. 

"wake up..?" I asked and Shinsou nodded and mouthed another word, "now?" I said as I understood what they were trying to tell me. 

"This is a dream, it's not real─" I said as everyone suddenly vanished as a harsh wind blew past us and a million sounds suddenly invaded my head at once, making me shut my eyes tightly. People were screaming all around me and there was an appalling smell in the air. 

I quickly opened my eyes again and looked around me, realizing the wind was because I'm now outside in the streets. People of all ages were swarming around me as I realized someone had me in their arms. I looked up to see that a stranger was carrying me in her arms with tears in her eyes.