Chapter 18 - The Meeting

Shouto's POV: 

Maybe I should've told Midoriya about the meeting a little earlier. Maybe a ten-minute notice isn't enough time for him to mentally prepare himself to meet the other district leaders and their masters. 

"What do you mean they'll be here in ten minutes, Shouto??" Midoriya repeated for the seventh time as he ran around the house to clean and make everything look nice. 

Maybe I should help him out so he won't stress as much about it, even though I don't understand why he's stressing at all. I began folding the laundry nicely, neatly, as Midoriya rushed into the kitchen to do the dishes from dinner. 

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?!" Midoriya panic-yelled from the kitchen as I turned my head and gazed in his direction. Maybe I should've taken into consideration that he would react like this. 

"Shouto!" Midoriya called as his head popped into view, he didn't look too pleased with me. Maybe I should start answering him instead of having an inner monologue. 

"Midoriya, calm down─" I tried but stopped as his gaze narrowed sharply, a short glare before returning his attention to the dishes. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut. 

I swiftly finished doing the laundry and carefully placed it back in the basket, taking it to the bedroom and placing it on the bed. When I walked out of the bedroom again, Midoriya was standing still all of a sudden as he just gazed out at seemingly nothing. 

"Midoriya..?" I said quietly and approached him. As I did, he slowly turned his head and looked at me. 

"What if they don't like me Shouto..." Midoriya muttered as I stopped moving and just stared at him. He is genuinely worried that they're not going to like him. Why?

"Midoriya, I know they're going to like you. All of them." I reassured as Midoriya rolled his eyes in disbelief, "I know they will, you somehow made Rin, who hates everyone, like you. These people are nothing like them, I hand-selected them so just trust me, okay?" I said as Midoriya slowly nodded and let me embrace him. 

Almost on cue, the doorbell rang, making Midoriya jump a bit in surprise. I gently kissed his forehead and told him to wait while reassuring him that the apartment looked fine. I opened the door to see Uraraka, Asui, and Jirou all standing out front. 

"Hello, come inside." I said monotonously as they entered the apartment. I calmly held out a hand in front of Jirou before she could enter as I looked her up and down. It was obvious that she was still in a lot of pain, but as our gazes met I was reassured that she would be just fine. Jirou is a fighter all things considered so after judging her condition, I let her pass me.

"Ohhhhh..!" Uraraka suddenly beamed and smiled brightly as she quickly took off her shoes and jacket and ran into the apartment, "is this you human? He's cute!" She simpered, her tail swaying in a pleased manner as she walked laps around Midoriya. 

Midoriya seemed even more nervous than before as everyone looked at him. I flickered my tail once in slight annoyance, I wasn't aware that seeing another neko act like that around my master would irritate me this much. 

"H─Hello, I'm Izuku Midoriya and─"

"I get it, you're Shouto's master, riiiight?" Uraraka cheered before Asui walked up behind her, grabbed her shirt by the neck, and dragged her away. 

"Ochaco please, calm yourself." Asui sighed as she shot an apologetic look in my direction. She must've sensed my displeasure and as per usual, was quick to act. It was safe to say that Asui has always been the calm and collected one in their relationship, she's the one who does the thinking and the planning for the most part.