Chapter 2 - Wild Hunt

~ Time skip - 10 hours ~

Midoriya's POV:

As soon as my head had hit the pillows and my body hit the couch yesterday I had immediately fallen asleep and slept until now. I feel so well rested... I thought as I stretched my arms above my head on the couch. A lot has happened yesterday and it sure is quite a lot to take in. Todoroki is a neko...

I sat up on the couch and could immediately feel in my back that I slept better in my bed than I do on the couch. Mind, well rested... Body, not so well... I thought and groaned a bit before standing up, I wonder if Todoroki is awake... I silently walked up to my bedroom door and opened it as silently and carefully as I could so I wouldn't wake him if he was still asleep.

I peeked inside the dark room and focused my gaze on the bed but I couldn't see him from here. I decided to sneak further into the room, but I still couldn't see him. No, it's not that I couldn't see him, he wasn't here.

"Todoroki..?" I whispered quietly as I was now standing just beside the spot he had laid in yesterday evening. He didn't leave, did he!? I was about to lift the covers to make sure he wasn't there when I spotted slight movement from under the blanket. Todoroki's head then popped out from under the blanket as his dual colored eyes met mine.

"Mew..." He meowed tiredly as he seemed to realize it immediately too, he's a cat again.

"Are you okay?" I asked, making sure that it was a simple yes or no question which he nodded his head to. He then made his way out from under the blanket as he sat on top of it instead, watching me calmly. His fur was all ruffled in different directions and I couldn't help but laugh a bit at it.

Todoroki seemed confused at my sudden laughter as he tilted his head slightly to the right and his ear perked up a bit, listening to my laughs.

"Hahaha sorry for laughing at you but..." I laughed as I grabbed him and walked to the bathroom, showing him his reflection in the mirror. "You're just so cute like that and I couldn't help myself..." I said, trying not to laugh again when he looked in the mirror and saw himself and his messed up fur.

"... Maaaowww....." Todoroki made a low, almost embarrassed sound as he slowly turned his head away from the mirror to hide his face in my chest instead. He then moved his front paws up onto his ears, as if trying to hide himself away. He acts really embarrassed with himself right now and honestly, I like this soft, shy side of him... I thought as I had only really seen his either monotone side or his frightened side.

"Hehe don't be embarrassed, I'll help you fix it!" I said and smiled carelessly at him, immediately beginning to sort out the strands of hair that were mixing together. Todoroki slowly lifted his head from my chest and looked up at me as I was sorting out his fur gently. He had this new look in his eyes which I had never seen before, it was as if his eyes had gained a little more life and sparkled more than usual.

I just kept sorting his fur gently as I walked us out of the bathroom and into the kitchen. I could hear small soft purrs come from Todoroki but I decided not to comment on it. This is only the second time I've heard him purr... I thought and just smiled softly down at him, he even closed his eyes now...

"Todoroki?" I asked as he immediately opened his eyes wide and his ears perked straight up, the purring stopping as well. He had this confused and speechless expression as he blinked his eyes a couple of times. "What do you want for breakfast? Clearly," I began as I motioned for the remainings from yesterdays cat food, "you don't like to eat what other cats eat...". Todoroki looked at the cat food with pure disgust, but then scrambled out of my arms and onto the floor, of course, landing on all four paws.