Chapter 4 - The First Trial

~ Time skip - The next day ~ 

Todoroki's POV:

I woke up in Midoriya's bed just as I did yesterday, but today I wasn't met with Midoriya trying to gently wake me, but instead the loud, obnoxious sounds of someone running around in the apartment. I slowly blinked my eyes open as I turned my head and glared a bit at the door. Who is the genius that decided to run a marathon indoors at this hour..!? I thought and got up, stretching my cat body and yawning a long yawn. 

Well, it can only be one person... I thought and couldn't really get mad about it as I imagined his smiling face. I'd never get mad at him, not even if he decides it's a good idea to wake me like this. 

I walked up to the door and realized it was closed all the way so I couldn't just push my way between it and the doorframe. I was about to transform into my human form when the door was suddenly swung open, threatening to crush me against the wall. 

"Mmeoooow!!?" I let out a startled meow as I jumped backwards, the door hitting my snout in the process. Midoriya walked into the room, his gaze turning from the empty bed and down on me by his feet.

"Goodmorning--! Todoroki?" He asked confused and he kneeled down in front of me and looked at me. I was covering my snout with my right paw and my right eye closed. It didn't hurt, I just suddenly had to--

"Achooow!" I sneezed violently as I almost thought my head would fly off and my entire body gave off a shiver. Midoriya looked at me for a moment before laughing a bit to himself, trying to hide it, but he couldn't. 

"It's not funny..!" I protested as I turned into my human form, now looking down at him with a slight smirk. I love seeing him laughing and in general just being happy, but he doesn't need to laugh at me!

Midoriya stood back up, covering his eyes as he stopped laughing, instead a pink blush dominating his face. My smirk grew a little bit as I grabbed my underwear and put it on, then one of my new white t-shirts. I then put my hands on Midoriya's and moved them so he wasn't covering his eyes anymore. 

Midoriya opened his eyes as he looked me up and down, probably deciding he could deal with this as he smiled his signature smile. I smiled back and before I knew it Midoriya had thrown himself at me, hugging me tightly. I was a little surprised but quickly hugged him back, I'm glad he isn't as scared of this form as I thought... I thought as I had believed he felt intimidated or something by this form as he rarely petted me like this. 

A loud ringing then started in the living room as Midoriya jumped out of the hug and ran into the living room he had come from. I blinked my eyes a couple of times before following him.

"Hello?" Midoriya said at his phone, looking a little panicked as he started pacing around in the apartment again, "yes... Yes, no-- I'm sorry about this! I-- Um..." Midoriya responded to whoever he was talking to as he turned his head and looked at me. 

"What's going on?" I asked confused and walked a little closer, trying to listen in on his conversation to figure out why he seemed so stressed. Midoriya hastily shook his head as he then ran out into the hall, putting on his shoes.

"W-What? S-Sorry-- This won't happen again, sir! I promise!" Midoriya reassured as he grabbed his jacket and ran back to me, stopping right in front of me, "Ye-- No, I'm on my way. Yes, okay, see you in a minute!" Midoriya ended the conversation as he put his phone in his pocket. 

I just looked at him and his outerwear for a moment, where is he going all of a sudden? Who was he talking to? I guess I need to hurry and get dressed as well--